• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help new sd card - moved apps say not installed after reboot

galaxy S5, unrooted ... bought a 128gb Adata SDHC card new in package from an eBay auction. put the card in, moved some game apps to it and after a reboot it says they are not installed and opens the play store, to their page, where I can install them. I have since done a factory reset of the phone (for other reasons) and I have the same issue.

also some photos seem to be messed up AFTER I put the card in but BEFORE I did a factory restore of the phone - like half the photo will be green, possible data corruption?

didn't have any problem with the Sandisk 4gb SDHC card that was in there previously.

Am I doing something wrong or is this a case of a bad card? The specs show the S5 to allow 128gb max sd card so I figured I'd get the largest it will take.

Thanks!

You quite possibly have a defective or bogus counterfeit card. If it's not a genuine name-brand card you shouldn't trust it not to lose photos or anything else you load on it.

If I were you, I'd try to send this card back for a refund ASAP.

just found this in the forums here
http://androidforums.com/threads/moved-data-to-new-sd-card-and-now-my-apps-arent-installed.628162/

yeah I figured as much but wanted to check, make sure I'm not doing something wrong.

Upvote 0
You quite possibly have a defective or bogus counterfeit card. If it's not a genuine name-brand card you shouldn't trust it not to lose photos or anything else you load on it.

If I were you, I'd try to send this card back for a refund ASAP.

soooooo I sent an email to the seller asking, not demanding where they got the cards from as the one I got was not working in my phone and they instantly issued a refund without my asking ... hmmmmm lol

thanks for the advice

Upvote 0
Better to give you a quick no- hassle refund than have a ticked-off customer get them in a world of hurt for selling counterfeit cards. Glad you got your $$ back.

aaaaaaaaaand they are no longer a registered user on eBay!!!! lol ... however, looks like they sold about a dozen of the same cards to buyers who left them positive feedback before their account was closed.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones