• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

new SD card query

Dazza

Oct 27, 2010
Hi.
I put a new 16GB SD card in my desire today. When i go to "Gallery" it now only shows the pics I've put on the card. With the previous SD card that came with it, when you went into gallery it listed the HTC pics as well. Any idea what this is?
I thought I should format the card in the device but the "Format SD Card" option under settings> SD & phone storage is grey out. Any idea how i can format it in the device? I though if i did this it would work the same as the old card worked.

Cheers
D

But they're still on the phone. There must have been some link connecting pics on the phone and on the SD card. Also, how can you do an in-phone format on a card which is not in the phone?
It's become worse now. I just sync'd a load of music and pics using HTC Sync and now there is nothing at all in the gallery.

Upvote 0
But the SD card is still not showing ALL the photos on the phone. Just the ones I've manually added to the card.

The gallery shows you photos on your SD card, so yes its only showing the images on your SD card. If you have images on your SD card that you haver not copied over, they obviously will not be shown.

Upvote 0
Ok. So i guess that the HTC pics i was seeing on the previous (original) original card were on the card AND the phone. In which case, how do you copy shots held on the phone's memory to a new SD card?
I'm aware this is all probably straight forward to someone who knows the phone but I've only just come from using BB's. I appreciate the patience.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones