new SD card query

Last Updated:

1. Dazza

Dazza Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Hi.
    I put a new 16GB SD card in my desire today. When i go to "Gallery" it now only shows the pics I've put on the card. With the previous SD card that came with it, when you went into gallery it listed the HTC pics as well. Any idea what this is?
    I thought I should format the card in the device but the "Format SD Card" option under settings> SD & phone storage is grey out. Any idea how i can format it in the device? I though if i did this it would work the same as the old card worked.

Cheers
    D

Advertisement
  2. SUroot

SUroot Well-Known Member Developer

You have to unmount the card to format.

If you didn't copy the htc pics to the new card from the old one, they wont show.

3. Dazza

But they're still on the phone. There must have been some link connecting pics on the phone and on the SD card. Also, how can you do an in-phone format on a card which is not in the phone?
    It's become worse now. I just sync'd a load of music and pics using HTC Sync and now there is nothing at all in the gallery.

4. Dazza

All the music is there under "music" but there are no pics

5. SUroot

Not sure what you are asking there.

6. Dazza

Why can't i format the card in the handset? There is is a "format SD card" option but it's greyed out.

*Edit. I've figured out how to do this now. But the SD card is still not showing ALL the photos on the phone. Just the ones I've manually added to the card.

7. SUroot

You can. I already told you how....

8. Dazza

Yes, got that now. Thanks fella.
    However I still want to know why it no longer shows ALL photos on the handset like it did with the card that came with it.

9. SUroot

The gallery shows you photos on your SD card, so yes its only showing the images on your SD card. If you have images on your SD card that you haver not copied over, they obviously will not be shown.

10. Dazza

Ok. So i guess that the HTC pics i was seeing on the previous (original) original card were on the card AND the phone. In which case, how do you copy shots held on the phone's memory to a new SD card?
    I'm aware this is all probably straight forward to someone who knows the phone but I've only just come from using BB's. I appreciate the patience.

11. SUroot

Such as what? What is on the phone's internal memory? Are you talking about wallpapers?

12. Dazza

I was. Even though i could see them on the phone I couldn't move them so I went the long way round. I put the old card back in and connected the phone to the PC as a storage device then copied the pics to the PC then back to the new card. Not ideal but the only way I could do it.