• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

New Section?

ardchoille

Android Expert
Mar 8, 2011
Seattle
I'm a huge fan of Android, and becoming a huge fan of Android Forums. These forums are great and the community herein is great as well.

I have acquired quite a bit of knowledge about Android and would like to begin "giving back" by way of graphics and tutorials. Can we add a board specifically for tutorials? I'd like to begin writing some tutorials and it would be nice to have a section dedicated to them.

Thanks.

Would it be better to have a tutorial subsection within each phone section?

The organisation of phone/tablet specific sections is about to go through a few changes, outlined here. Long story short, existing device specific sections are sticking with the sections they have, whilst new devices will only have the all things root section and threads will in stead have sortable labels added to them.

So if we're talking device specific tutorials, then it would have to fit into that kind of structure.

Nice guide by the way :)

Upvote 0
The organisation of phone/tablet specific sections is about to go through a few changes, outlined here. Long story short, existing device specific sections are sticking with the sections they have, whilst new devices will only have the all things root section and threads will in stead have sortable labels added to them.

So if we're talking device specific tutorials, then it would have to fit into that kind of structure.

Nice guide by the way :)
Ah, good information. Perhaps I'll hold off on posting my tutorials until these changes are complete - I need to enhance/edit my tuts anyway.

And thanks for your words about my webpage guide, I found it invaluable and wanted to share it with everyone.

These forums are excellent, I'm glad to see you all taking care of us :)

Upvote 0
Xyro makes a good point and makes it seem almost second nature, but you'd be surprised, ardchoille, at how much work has gone into hammering out the format here.. it's an ongoing thing and we're all involved, but Phases the Admin bears the brunt of it (don't tell him I said that, he's having fun and I know it ;)).

I like very much knowing there are members like you here, and I'll be watching for your posts.

Reactions: ardchoille
Upvote 0
Perhaps a "Tutorial" prefix is in order.

What I wonder about the prefixes is if a similar pattern will develop as we have in the Tips and Tricks sub-forums, users wanting a tip posting there instead of in the Support and Troubleshooting forums, and now using the "Tip" prefix in the same manner. People seeking tips and clicking threads with that prefix will find questions instead, some answered and some not.

Will some users select "Tutorial" as the prefix to their new thread because they seek a tutorial of some sort, say tethering or gaining access to the recovery menu, etc, instead of having a tutorial to offer?

Incidentally, are Guides going to have the tools to change thread prefixes?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones