new SIM card made a difference

Last Updated:

1. Fastmhz

Fastmhz Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

hey guys,

after 6 years, my sim card has taken a dump. i went to tmobile today to get a new one which is absolutely free and i notice my 3G signal much more solid than before. just an FYI. my phone is rooted but before my new sim card it would still switch from edge and 3g when i was on my stock rom. i hope info helps helps for anyone else.

Advertisement
  2. jbman

jbman Active Member

I didn't have a problem with the 3g/edge switching until I rooted. If it gets worse I may check that out.

3. BiGMERF

BiGMERF Well-Known Member

hmmmm, maybe i will give it a shot too

4. FosterLew

FosterLew New Member

Damn good idea man..............

5. amarakvati

amarakvati Active Member

one of those most logical solutions and most of us have failed to realize it... by the way did it take long to get the sim card or what?

6. inspiron41

inspiron41 Well-Known Member

i've been using my sim card since ...........moto razr was popular. i will give this a try too if it's free

7. Talderon

Talderon Well-Known Member

Go to a Corporate T-Mobile store, not one of those dealer ones and they are free and they have them in stock and can switch them out on the spot.

amarakvati likes this.
  8. inspiron41

just stop by a corp. tmobile store. and yes getting an updated sim card is totally free. i dont know if it'll help, but i'll test it out. my sim card is about 6 years old. They just basically copied my sim card onto a new one. They didnt keep my old sim. they just gave it back. i guess this will be perfect when i get an android 3g tablet (praying for ADAM notion or something!).

i know i cant use both at the same time, but if i could just turn one device off and use one without having to remove the sim card, that would be perfect. hopefully that'll work with ease

amarakvati likes this.
  9. amarakvati

amarakvati Active Member

ooh, thanks, i will try this when i have some free time.

10. inspiron41

I'm on T-mobile and in NY area

Okay, I have no idea why a new SIM card makes a difference but it does slightly. My 3G connection seems to be connecting at 2 of my worst spots indoors...even when I walked around those bad spots downloading data. It's not perfect 4 bars, but it's like 2-3 bars. And when i download data the 3G connection remains the same.

And plus, my GPS triangulation seems to work even better indoors now. I just dont know why having a different SIM would change all that? I thought at first this was normal because all GPS need direct line of sight with the sky. But i'm getting GPS location whenever i'm doors (1 story building) and even inside of my house (bottom floor of a 2 story building). This makes Buzzing on Google easier...

The only thing that actually brings down my connection is putting both my hands around the base of the phone.

Perhaps this is because of my SIM card really?? I've used the same sim card since Moto Razr (first generation) was popular.....