New software update!General

1. edlex

edlex Well-Known Member

Just downloaded 45.4.13 System version
    2.3.5 Android version

Advertisement
  2. drexappeal

drexappeal Well-Known Member

Hope this update helps for some that have been having any little issues.
  3. XxReApErxX

XxReApErxX New Member

So, how is the update doing? Is there something new?
  4. drexappeal

XxReApErxX and KOLIO like this.
  5. TerrBear

TerrBear Well-Known Member

Did the update and lost my root. Doh. Figured it would lose it though. No to remember how I rooted it in the first place.
  6. XxReApErxX

XxReApErxX New Member

Thanks.
    So, just a few improvements... The non-unlockable bootloader is the main reason I'm not going to update it.

I've read a couple of comments in other forums, the photon-torpedo method seems to work.
  7. Citizen Coyote

Citizen Coyote Well-Known Member

I'm going to wait on the update until someone gets a hold of the SBF and/or there are some new cleaned ROMs available. I don't really care about 1080p video recording.
  8. busted bones

busted bones Well-Known Member

1080p is the only thing I care about in the update, but the EVO taught me the valuable lesson of letting others update first and I wait on reviews.
  9. KnowProblem

KnowProblem Well-Known Member

With the new update after having used the phone for a few hours... 3G (no 4g in my area) appears to be somewhat faster, bluetooth is less erratic, less problems with the dialer. Also, they up'ed the browser version in webtop from Firefox 4 to 8. Anyhoo... so far so good.
  10. simcha

simcha Well-Known Member

My battery life is worse now. Thanks Motorola! :(
  11. blindman13

blindman13 Well-Known Member

My install stops at like 20% and then it reboots and says that it has failed...three times i tried.
  12. drexappeal

Are you rooted?
  13. drexappeal

At first, that wasn't the case for me, but it is after a few days. Oh well, thankfully I have an extra battery.
  14. blindman13

No im not rooted, just confused
  15. drexappeal

Hmmm, that's really odd. best I could tell you is try a hard reset and install update afterwards.
  16. KOLIO

KOLIO NOTEoriously XPOSED Guide

Any luck w/the update yet?
  17. edlex

edlex Well-Known Member

Well after 3 days with the new update I have a couple of observations. Bluetooth is definitely much more stable with little to no disconnects. The uninstalling of app's in the media partition, aka "sd", upon restart has ceased so far. Everything seems stable so far.
  18. cosita1429

cosita1429 New Member

me too my motorola photon new system version 45.4.13 update Did the update and lost my root lost superuse !!!!! what get i do
  19. BanterandRant

BanterandRant Active Member

Except for a minor hit in battery performance, this update has fixed many of the issues I was having.

I'll have a better idea when I head back to work tomorrow - but, today I noticed many improvments - reboots are faster, the dialer doesn't "hang", and the issue with recieving multiple texts has seemed to have been fixed as well.
  20. blindman13

No, my photon refuses to update. I am paying Best buy $10 a month for insurance. I wil bring it in to have them swap for a new one, but they always say I need to wait for like a week to get my phone back...so dumb.
  21. KOLIO

KOLIO NOTEoriously XPOSED Guide

If you don't mind putting down a fully refundable $50 deposit, they can give you a loaner phone while awaiting replacement/repair.
  22. Citizen Coyote

Citizen Coyote Well-Known Member

Since Shabby Penguin's all-in-one root doesn't currently work with the new update, you'll need to use Photon Torpedo to root. This post over at XDA provides steps on how to do it. Good luck!

P.S. Anyone know of a way to disable the new software notification? I have no intention of installing it anytime soon, and it's getting annoying having to keep dismissing it every two hours.
    KOLIO likes this.
  23. MAXMARTIN989

MAXMARTIN989 New Member

Any word of ICS for photon?
  24. drexappeal

Initially, it was supposed to be 3Q, but that got pushed back to 4Q a couple months ago (as far as Motorola projections).
  25. Im4kewl

Im4kewl New Member

P.S. Anyone know of a way to disable the new software notification? I have no intention of installing it anytime soon, and it's getting annoying having to keep dismissing it every two hours.

I downloaded the update to install later, then I went into bootload (power, vol down vol up) then to android recovery. from there I erased cache then rebooted. Got an error that update failed, havent heard from it since. Hope it holds. That update locks the bootloader nice and tight!
    Citizen Coyote and KOLIO like this.