• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

New Sprint Account - Can I Port Out a New #?

broadwayblue

Jun 4, 2010
I just signed up for a new Sprint family plan online. The phones arrived and I have activated them. In the next day or so I am going to port my existing numbers from AT&T. But one of the new Sprint lines came with a nice number and I was wondering if there was any way I could simultaneously or otherwise port this number out to a pre-paid or similar device so I could keep it as a backup/2nd line? Any way to do this? Thanks.

Go to a sprint store and ask. The only thing I know is, you can port your old number over to your new phone. I'm not sure if it has to be done before you cancel your AT&T service or not.

I've transfer my Sprint number to AT&T and then Verizon. Each time I did it, I put the number on the new phone first, before canceling my service with the previous carrier.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones