1. THEFORCE

THEFORCE Well-Known Member

Advertisement
  2. redandblack1287

redandblack1287 Well-Known Member

I really could have used this yesterday... XD
  3. THEFORCE

I couldn't wait...I had to have full root immediately lol. I knew something like this was coming
  4. tsipa

tsipa Well-Known Member

I am guessing that I have to remove unrevoked before using this? Will this give me write access to /system?
  5. THEFORCE

Yes it is full root
    tsipa likes this.
  6. werkem

werkem Active Member

with this app and full root can i remove certain stock apps from my phone?

I just want to root phone to remove stock app and maybe some battery tweaks, thats it for now until a 2.2 rom comes out

by using this will I lose any current settings or anything ?

thanks android noob
  7. dgaf98

dgaf98 Well-Known Member

seriously i just rooted and missed this somehow... :( oh well either way i did it yay!
  8. Evo_Pimpin

Evo_Pimpin Well-Known Member

Thanks looks like I will give this try tomorrow.
  9. WiGgLz01

WiGgLz01 Member

So when you root the device does it delete everything?
  10. THEFORCE

You should have the same abilities as all the other root methods since this gives you full root so yes, but still read up on what u should and shouldn't delete.
  11. flukeSG2

flukeSG2 Well-Known Member

Rooting your phone won't make it so you can delete the sprint apps, you need to flash a custom rom which is made without the sprint apps installed. Rooting your phone DOES allow you to flash the custom rom however.

Myself, I'm going to wait to use this method until a few more of the bugs are worked out. I've read up today on his newest updates and they sound promising but I still see people having issues. Also didn't someone mention that Unrevoked is working on something like this?
  12. werkem

werkem Active Member

thx

are you sure about that ? from what i have glanced over if i root and have adb or some other commandline shell i can just remove apps from there. the poster above seems to say i can
  13. THEFORCE

he is right about flashing a rom to remove it, and you are able to remove using ADB
  14. docfreed

docfreed Active Member

Can't Root Explorer be used to remove stock apps from the rooted Evo? I've used it on my rooted Moment often and it works perfectly
  15. THEFORCE

I'm not sure but I just used adb to remove apps
  16. camdz

camdz Well-Known Member

Yes you can remove the applications without flashing to a new ROM. I am 100% positive, as I have done it over and over.

After NAND was unlocked and we had R/W capabilities, I started doing it this way. I also used this method on my hero.
  17. jimmyz1

jimmyz1 New Member

18. MrDSL

MrDSL Member

Get root explorer its the easiest way to remove apps and well worth it. Most of the stuff with batch zip files was before NAND was unlocked.
    werkem likes this.
  19. MisterEd

MisterEd Well-Known Member

This is not true. As long as you have full root with nand unlock you can remove anything you want without loading a custom. In fact, you can use Titanium Backup (free) to just "point and remove."

You can also simply open up the zip file that contains any rom and just delete the apps you don't want. You don't even need nand unlock for that. If it ain't in the rom zip file it won't be on the EVO.
  20. werkem

werkem Active Member

last question before i make the jump this weekend so i can get rid of some of this garage

1. will it require a wipe
    2. is it possible to get the file from another rom that blocks the ads in apps
  21. tardmobile

tardmobile Well-Known Member

sticky this so people stop using the messy methods they might not understand how to do in the first place
  22. THEFORCE

+1
  23. THEFORCE

1. it wont but i will back up just in case
    2. download adfree android in the market
    werkem likes this.
  24. lath19

lath19 Member

I saw this but decided to use TheBiles guide to root by Evo so that I could learn something. I'm actually really glad that I did. Moving forward I'll feel comfortable using flashboot, adb, flashing roms, booting into recovery, etc. It took longer but if you want to understand what you're doing to your phone it's worth it.

Props to the guy who put this together though. It looked really easy.
  25. THEFORCE

i did learn from that guide as well...this wasnt out when i wanted to root and i was impatient but im glad i used the biles tutorial