• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [NEW SuperOneClick] Root, Install & Use xRecovery on Xperia X8

Hi Gabeyong!

first of all,thank you for helping me to install a custom rom finally!
i had used this ROM: "GingerXperia REVOLUTION V3"
i'm turning on my phone after install complete in xrecovery,than comes up the Sony Ericsson title,than the XPERIA title,it's booting,booting,booting,and booting... and after 5 minutes it stopped! and i can't get into the system! :S
whats the problem?

Upvote 0
Hi Gabeyong!

first of all,thank you for helping me to install a custom rom finally!
i had used this ROM: "GingerXperia REVOLUTION V3"
i'm turning on my phone after install complete in xrecovery,than comes up the Sony Ericsson title,than the XPERIA title,it's booting,booting,booting,and booting... and after 5 minutes it stopped! and i can't get into the system! :S
whats the problem?

hi,

you got a baseband incompatibility.
you have to flash your baseband to 015.

cheers :)
gabe

Upvote 0
Hi friend,
i did alll the procedures as u said,
bt i think my phone is crashed n not stops at SONY ERICSSON logo
not showing me home screen.
wat can i do.. Rply asap
Thanx

go back to Eclair 2.1.1

shutdown phone, launch PC Companion.
connect mini usb to phone
hold back button of phone and plug USB to PC
PC Companion will re-install software to your phone.

cheers :)
gabe

Upvote 0
hi, I am using Walkman W8. Yesterday i rooted my phone, and installed "GingerDX" ROM using XRecovery. But after rebooting, the phone is doesn't switching on and stucked in showing "Sony Ericsson" for more than 6 hours... help me..

Hi,

you got an incorrect baseband version.

you need to revert back to original software using PC Companion.

regs
gabe :)

Upvote 0
NEWBIE HERE:

I have sony ericsson W8 walkman mobile phone and I was following the steps given in the link below to root(Update from eclair to gingerbread)...But

PROBLEM:
whem i try to copy the 3 files from Xrecovery folder(xrecovery.tar,busybox,chargemon)in the system folder i get the error that There was not enough free disk space to complete the paste operation!!

i uninstalled some apps(stored in internal phone memory),but still not use....HELP!!

also Wifi connection==Unsuccessful after this process :(

Upvote 0
hey gabe!

i ve been using gingerDX for almost a year now. i downloaded their latest update in the weekend and took a backup of d whole thing using cwm recovery before installing it. after installing d new rom, i got stuck in boot loop (SE logo), so i used pc companion to do a hard reset and tried to root again. superoneclick shows root successful, and su is installed as well, but d prompt for su access is not showing up for anything (even for su test at end of rooting). i tired to do it multiple times, both rooting and hard resets but d same thing is happening...
what do i do? and is there any other way to restore d complete backup of gdx rom i took using cwm recovery as id be content wid dat too for now?
just not able to tolerate stock os..
please help asap!:thinking:

baseband always been...15, always been on stock kernel. superoneclick asks to install lot of drivers, some it was able to (and never asked for those twice) and for others it said no more data... so i just skip those drivers in the reruns i ve tried...

swaraj

Upvote 0
NEWBIE HERE:

I have sony ericsson W8 walkman mobile phone and I was following the steps given in the link below to root(Update from eclair to gingerbread)...But

PROBLEM:
whem i try to copy the 3 files from Xrecovery folder(xrecovery.tar,busybox,chargemon)in the system folder i get the error that There was not enough free disk space to complete the paste operation!!

i uninstalled some apps(stored in internal phone memory),but still not use....HELP!!

also Wifi connection==Unsuccessful after this process :(
are you sure that the phone is rooted and that you are doing the copy-paste operation after giving r/w permission for system folder...?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones