Last Updated: Sep 18,2010
Can someone post it please. Mine expired at midnight.
It's against forum rules. Sorry.
Which is silly in itself since we are talking about a free beta that's not being sold.
Yet we can talk about:
1) Rooting our phones against HTC/Verisons wishes.
2) Talk about about free wireless tethering when that is something that is actually sold separately by Verizon.
3) We can even talk about ripping .apks from different manufactured phones and installing them on another.
Yet we can't talk about Swype?
Someone will have to explain this one to me...
Bottom line check the XDA forums, solutions are sure to be posted there soon.
Thank You. Everyone can void their warranties and shit like that, but were not aloud to share a free beta.
This makes total sense
Never stopped anyone before for the last 2 versions I got off here. Why is everyone so serious on here lol
We can TALK about whatever you want.
But the OP isn't asking to talk about Swype, he is asking for someone to send him a copy of the APK. And since he clearly is not part of the Swype Beta (seeing as how he can't get it himself off their site) THAT is what is against forum rules.
Swype sent Android Forums (along with other sites including XDA) a letter telling them to stop distributing their software out to the members. If you want Swype, you have to sign up on THEIR forums and get it. THIS forum is simply respecting the wishes and request of a developer.
Then someone broke the rules. Happens all the time, doesn't make it right though.
I'm just pissed cause they did that to me a couple weeks ago. Its stupid. I found a swype version, people say it works, so I may try it. Give it a couple more hours to a day and everyone will have it again. Xda is the best place for the .apk.
If Verizon and Google told you to stop rooting your phone... would you do it? Ok then.
that is up to them and you dont have any control over that. But AF does have control over what they see to allow to be talked about and what rules they feel like enforcing. If you arent happy with the rules, you can always leave.
AF really doesn't have control but what ever you think. People are sending .apk of swype as you read. And yes, if Verizon and Google said don't root your phone, come out with a update, and make rooting impossible then yes, they do have full control over what they want.
Swype Inc could have made the apk available for purchase a long time ago. I believe they are using the closed beta as a marketing tool for selling to OEMs. I believe it will probably be released after this round of new phones comes out, but at this point I am a bit pissed off about the whole thing and would not purchase it for $.99
I will be pirating this copy as soon as it is available.
Okay people, time for a reality check.....
1. Swype is NOT a "free beta". It's only available by registering for a closed beta program, the t&c for which I am sure preclude users sharing it out to all and sundry.
2. Swype made it perfectly clear a long time ago that the app was copyright and that they would consider legal action against sites that allowed it to be distributed. The owner of AF has no inclination to attract the attention of Swype's legal team.
3. The Forum Rules make it clear that linking to/sharing copyrighted apps is prohibited. When you registered here you agreed to abide by these rules. Anyone found to be breaching these rules, either openly in the forums or via PM, will receive infractions.
Separate names with a comma.