1. Introducing Channels - a new way to chat with other Android users!
    Dismiss Notice

New Swype Beta - 2.10.52.13753

Last Updated:

1. theguz4l

theguz4l Member This Topic's Starter

Advertisement
    rtb35 and gabbott like this.
  2. lexluthor

lexluthor Well-Known Member

Can this be installed on devices where Swype is pre-installed in the ROM? Like the Droid X?

3. theguz4l

As far as I know, no. There can be issues if you try to do so I heard.

4. NicksGarage

NicksGarage Well-Known Member

The microphone button works on my EVO. Unfortunately actual swyping no longer works. I can see the trace line but it doesn't enter anything. Tapping on the keyboard works though.

5. theguz4l

Nicks, are you in the official beta for Swype?

6. NicksGarage

NicksGarage Well-Known Member

Yes, the official beta. Stock EVO with Anrdoid 2.2, not rooted.

This happened with the previous beta once and all I had to do was switch back to the stock keyboard and then back to Swype. Tried that several times and also did a full reinstall of the beta a second time. Sometimes I get the following error message.

"This Swype package you installed is configured for another device and will operate with limited functionality. Please contact Swype about the issue."

7. ikediggety

ikediggety Well-Known Member

i have the same problem. rooted incredible running virtuous 3.1.

8. gabbott

gabbott Well-Known Member

Change to another keyboard and then change back, swyping should work then. Happens alot after a phone reboot.

Edit: hrmm... see you've tried that. Strange, I just updated to the latest beta and it is working fine. I uninstalled the previous version and installer, then rebooted before installing the new one if that makes a difference.

9. vaccdroid

vaccdroid Well-Known Member

I can't install. I go to the link and it tells me I'm not using Android device. I didn't Get an email for this update but used link in original email as I am a beta tester. Useing a Evo

10. gabbott

What browser are you using on your phone? And do you have mobile view enabled in your browser?

11. brianem

brianem Well-Known Member

This new beta is awesome! I love being able to go back and change word suggestions after fumbling the wrong one.

12. mach330

mach330 Well-Known Member

doesn't work on the incredible.

13. (G)

(G) Well-Known Member

If you get a "trail" but no words when you swype, be sure to go into your SETTINGS and enable swype as a keyboard.

14. Jeffruby

Jeffruby Well-Known Member

I can attest to the fact that it DOES in fact work on the dinc! Much better than prior version

15. mach330

mach330 Well-Known Member

i do have swype enabled. otherwise, i won't see it as an option on input method. i can type but not swype with kb. i tried this several times. what am i missing?

when i first use swype i get this message:

"The swype package you installed is configured for another device and will operate with limited functionality. Please contact Swype about this issue."

ok..figured it out. i uninstalled the installer too and redownloaded from the beta swype site. works great now. thx

16. brianem

brianem Well-Known Member

Uh, yes, It does. In fact, I just typed this on an incredible using the latest beta. The solution was already given. Fully uninstall the app and previous installer, install the latest beta, long press a text field, toggle keyboard to stock htc or something else, and then switch. If that still doesn't work, well..its your phone, not all incredibles (rom, conflicting app, etc)

17. wildabouthockey

wildabouthockey Well-Known Member

The microphone button doesn't work on my Swype. It just "dings" at me when I click it. Anyone else having this problem or know why this is happening?

18. andygu3

andygu3 Well-Known Member

The full solution is: go to manage applications, go to swype installer and clear data then uninstall swype installer. Then go to Swype, clear data then uninstall Swype. Then reboot the phone

Go to the beta site, log in, dowload installer then download Swype. Enable Swype in language and keyboard. Then on input method, change to Swype

19. Recoil1

Recoil1 Well-Known Member

This is how it needs to be done! I just downloaded it to my evo and I can finally stop switching between swype and the regular keyboard so I can use the microphone.

I have tested both the swype capability and the mic. and they both work flawlessly on my EVO.

20. k0smo86

k0smo86 Well-Known Member

I'm confused...I have the version that came with my Droid X and I have the microphone as well lol

21. gabbott

Do you have google voice-search installed?

22. lexluthor

Yes, for phones with it built in the ROM, the mic was already there.

This version looks like it's got some additional features and bugs fixed, but according to someone earlier in this thread, it will cause problems if you try to install over a built in ROM version.

23. k0smo86

k0smo86 Well-Known Member

Oooh ok, thanks for the clarification lex...I like swype but really only for quick replies in portrait view. One thing I just noticed is that swype realllly sucks while my phone is charging, anyone experience this?

24. lexluthor

Yes, sometimes with non oem chargers, the screen can become less responsive. Try another charger.

25. Jeffruby

Jeffruby Well-Known Member

Aweful news, the new swyoe, while much better, still has that huge annoyance of having that huge window coming up and saying "the word you just typed is hidden, etc" its stupid but annoys me to the point I can't use swipe!