New system update failed?Support

1. LinkKokiri83

LinkKokiri83 Well-Known Member

Well i was at mcdonalds this morning, and my phone said it had a sytem update. I installed it, but it went to a screen after a restart, was just a triangle and the lil cute adnroid guy. I held the power down after a bit to reboot and it went to the odin recovery mode. how can i know if i have the most up to date stock updates or install them? My phone is rooted by the guide here.

Thankies in advance. <3

Advertisement
    :
  2. Codegerm

Codegerm Well-Known Member

An OTA update will fail if rooted. You can disable the update checking with an app like autostarts, or unroot your phone and let the update happen, or you can manually install the ROM that has the update. The update being pushed OTA currently is FL24. It is nothing special, and mostly is a security update to cover the exynos exploit.
  3. LinkKokiri83

LinkKokiri83 Well-Known Member

well, is there a link to the rom? and how to install? and what exactly is it.fixing?
  4. Codegerm

it is a fix to patch the security hole that is known as the Exynos exploit. That exploit allows an app to gain Root access on an unrooted phone.
  5. Madroxide

Madroxide Well-Known Member

which APK is looking up for the update? I have droid wall and would like to block it so maybe the phone will leave me alone about the update.
  6. Codegerm

Get an app like auto starts in the after startup section of that app is a few different Google service frameworks, you wand to disable the one that has update in its description (I believe it is the third one). then use a root explorer and go into /cache and delete the update file in that folder.