New System Update?Support

Last Updated: 2013-03-21 19:18:01
  1. NoodleArm

NoodleArm New Member

Woke up this morning and noticed there was a new system update available. Pretty big file (50+ MB). Didn't see anything here about it, so I downloaded it. Guessing it's just a security update? Really haven't noticed anything different. It now says the software # is 2.95.652.5 710RD.

Anybody else download it? Any ideas what it might consist of?

Advertisement
    Watagump likes this.
  2. androidwd40

androidwd40 Member

Same here. Havn't downloaded it yet since my phone is working fine. I was actually going to post a thread untill I seen you beat me to it. BTW, do you know how to delete a thread? lol
  3. pbailey212

pbailey212 Well-Known Member

If someone can upload the update, I or someone else can dicect it, and see what's in it
  4. OverByter

OverByter Resident Slide Rule Guru

Just click report and tell the mods that you want it deleted. :D BTW, I just did it for you. :p
    OB
    androidwd40 likes this.
  5. magohn

magohn Well-Known Member

I got a 'System Update' message yesterday on turning on my phone. I wasn't prompted for a download. However, since yesterday my 4g is back!!!! Its been 'missing' for 4 weeks despite CS calls and switching roms and radios.
  6. SaurusX

SaurusX Well-Known Member

The stock browser has definitely been updated. You can actually clear the address bar by just tapping it once and hitting delete, since it highlights the entire line. That's what was most annoying for me previously. I've moved onto Chrome, though.
  7. guiltybydesign

guiltybydesign New Member

i just did the update as well after seeing that my girlfriend had a notification about it on her phone, also i will post the file if someone could tell me where to find it on my phone
  8. Watagump

Watagump Well-Known Member

I didn't get a notice, so I checked manually and sure enough there it is.
  9. adamhos1234

adamhos1234 Well-Known Member

https://www.dropbox.com/s/3gnzpgdupjgxgo7/OTA_Shooter_ICS_35_S_Sprint_WWE_VM_2.95.652.5-1.14.652.0_release_308366287c7mcfeam85wor.zip
  10. Larzuk

Larzuk Well-Known Member

These subsequent updates scare me. I still have a voicemail update that I'm hesitant to download as I remember hearing folks losing or having worse 4G speeds once they downloaded the voicemail update which as far as I can tell is just for aesthetics.

This new 50mb+ update is another one. I'd really like to know what it addresses as the phone runs flawlessly.
  11. CarlosMoreno

CarlosMoreno Member

Does anyone know how to turn off the connection optimizer after the update?
  12. klat

klat New Member

go to Settings, tap on Mobile Networks, tap on Automatic Connections, uncheck or check Connection Optimizer
    CarlosMoreno, TDOW and EazySteve like this.
  13. lEquin0xl

lEquin0xl Well-Known Member

So still no word of what the update actually does?
  14. Tejer

Tejer Well-Known Member

It appears it may have updated the messaging app, it seems more responsive now.
  15. EazySteve

EazySteve Well-Known Member

What is the connection optimizer and what does it do?
  16. guiltybydesign

i think it just checks for the best tower when making a call or using the internet sorta like the boost signal app but works automatically
  17. EazySteve

Screenshot attached

Attached Files:

18. guiltybydesign

i think it has added a 4g data counter under settings>usage... there is no 4g in my area so i am not 100% sure if it is new
  19. EazySteve

It seemed the same to me?
  20. amatsukami

amatsukami Member

sooo i need help. I let the phone downlaod this and install, but now I have no 4g or wifi, it just ays error and cant turn them off or on
  21. ron scubadiver

ron scubadiver Well-Known Member

The members and guides in the root section are having a field day dissecting this update.
  22. Tejer

Tejer Well-Known Member

23. EazySteve

The connection optimizer uses about 10 - 12 mb ram when running. Seems absurd
  24. ron scubadiver

ron scubadiver Well-Known Member

What I know of the connection optimizer is it checks for known wifi hot spots and switches the phone to wifi to cut 3g/4g data traffic.