1. 2015 is going to be a great year for Android! Why wait??
    Samsung Galaxy Note 5 | Samsung Galaxy S6 | HTC One M9
  2. New Forum Created: Samsung Gear VR!

New Tablet - doesn't function well

1. shelliewnj

shelliewnj Well-Known Member

Someone got me a Coby Kyros for Christmas and was so excited to give it to me that I have it already. I feel bad - I can't seem to get the thing to do more than play games. Functionality on it is LOW. Is there anything I can do to it to increase functionality? I can load certain things on it, then they don't work such as netflix and kindle. other things work sometimes, like Amazon App Store. It has GetJar, which is a no-frills app store. Through that I was able to download Nook, but can't download Nook books onto it.
    I have an android phone, and know how to use it well, so it's not that I just don't know how these things work. But I don't know enough about them to figure out why i can make one work and the other not. Can anyone hand-hold me through this thing? :rolleyes:

Advertisement
    :
  2. Digital Controller

Digital Controller The Real Bass Creator Guide

Hey shelliewnj, since i do not know the exact Coby Kyros you have i am moving this thread into the General Tablet talk so that you can be better assisted.

Hope this helps :)
  3. nickdalzell

nickdalzell Well-Known Member Contributor

If its a MID7015 I can feel your pain. It's why I have 'don't ask' in my sig. It runs a super old version of Android and sadly no upgrade seems likely. It does lag a ton more than normal i say. It crashes, freezes often. You know a tablet is cheap by it having a reset button, they put them there because they WILL lock up. I rooted it hoping for better luck and for awhile I used it as an MP3 player or book reader but it now remains a paperweight. It still technically boots up but so much won't run properly I never use it.

Perhaps its worst problem is the resistive touch screen vs. capacitive touch. Often, like when browsing the web, it interprets the scroll swipe as a click...
  4. mikedt

mikedt 你好 Guide

Coby is a manufacturer of very cheap consumer entertainment products in Shenzhen, China. Basically, you get what you pay for.....disappointment usually. They remind me of Binatone in many ways.