• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

New tablet stuck on startup screen

Hello. I got a new tablet that says it runs on Android 4.0. I can start it up and it gets stuck on the silver Android screen. I've drained the battery and charged it. I've turned it on while holding the volume buttons but it just gets suck on the start up screen again. The user manual isn't at all helpful in what to do with this problem. It doesn't even tell me what the brand is or a website/phone number to contact. It says MID Android TabletPC on the box but doesn't have any other identifiers. When I connect it to my PC it doesn't even show that it's connected at all.

I know this isn't a lot of information to work with but I'm down to my last resort without having to tell my Aunt (who was very excited when she gave it to me) that I can't figure out what's wrong with it.

Any and all help is appreciated.

That's going to be a tough one there, SupergirlRicey. The no-name tablets can have any number of key combos to reset it. What I'd try first is the obvious stuff like pressing and holding the power button until it reboots (if it reboots). It may or may not have bootable recovery, but you may be able to try a few key combinations like both volume keys together + power or just volume down and power.

Other than the power and volume buttons, are there any other hardware buttons? If there's a "home" button, you might try home+vol down+power. Without knowing the exact model or manufacturer, it could be anything.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones