new text ringtone?General

1. mlenerts

mlenerts New Member

Is there a way to ADD a new ringtone for texts on a Samsung transform ultra? I can do a phone ringtone, but can't figure out adding a new text ringtone.

Advertisement
    :
  2. mydian

mydian Well-Known Member

If you're using the stock messaging app open it, then hit the menu button, settings, ringtone.
    vmed likes this.
  3. Drogyn

Drogyn Well-Known Member

Text ringtones are actually set as notification alerts, if you are adding a new one make sure you save it as a notification. I add my ringtones & notifications with ringdroid, available on the market place.

If you are wanting different text ringtones for different contacts it can't be done with the stock sms. Stupid I know, but you'll have to go grab an app to manage your texts to do that.
  4. trdtan

trdtan Well-Known Member

create a folder on your sd card called "notifications" and put whatever sound files you want in that folder. When you go to the sound settings under notifications you should be able to see the files from the notification folder
    mydian likes this.
  5. mydian

mydian Well-Known Member

Edit: ^^ You beat me to it

If you don't want to use an additional app to change the notification sound what I did was on my SDcard I made the folder: /media/audio/notifications and add whatever mp3's I want to use for texts, email, calendar etc in there. Then each app like messaging, gmail, email, calendar, google talk, etc you can go to that apps settings and choose those notifications.

Also, If you want to make a phone ringtone the folder on the sdcard would be: /media/audio/ringtones

And for the alarms: /media/audio/alarms

Technically you could just make a folder called notifications, or ringtones, but I like to keep things neat.
    Drogyn likes this.
  6. Drogyn

Drogyn Well-Known Member

Learn something new everyday ;)

Does this cover different notification tones for different contacts?
  7. Drogyn

Drogyn Well-Known Member

Ok, I did this, and set different sounds for incoming notifications, however my hotmail inbox keeps on reverting back to the standard sounds. anyone else had this?