New TF700 memberGeneral

Last Updated: 2012-10-08 01:45:17
  1. Muqtar

Muqtar Well-Known Member

Been here for a while, as a TF201 user. Tonight Office Depot allowed me to exchange the TF201 for the TF700. I am installing Jelly Bean right now.

Right out of the gate, I notice that the touch pad on the keyboard dock, as well as the power button on the tablet seem to be better constructed, and more solid.

I realize that the two are similar, but the wifi problem hit me twice when I was on the road, and I was inspired by other members who were able to exchange their TF201. I am SO happy that Office Depot did the right thing.

Out,
    Muqtar

Advertisement
  2. ocnbrze

ocnbrze DON'T PANIC!!!!!!!!! Moderator

yeah i love the build of the infinity compared to the prime. i have the prime dock though and it fits well with the infinity and i have no issues yet with it.

i'm glad you like it.
  3. johnlgalt

johnlgalt Antidisestablishmentarian VIP Member

Technically, I have the prime dock too lol. Sticker on my '700' dock says TF700 but under neath the stick it says TF201....
    ocnbrze likes this.
  4. siggy1964

siggy1964 Well-Known Member

Mine too. I think that's kinda dirty since I paid $149 thinking I was getting the Infinity specific dock. I know there's not much difference but from what I've read there is some.
  5. johnlgalt

The 'official' TF700/TF500 dock actually has a smaller battery, apparently. I'll keep mine.
    ocnbrze likes this.
  6. ocnbrze

ocnbrze DON'T PANIC!!!!!!!!! Moderator

that is interesting. i guess i'm glad i forgot to bring my dock. lol as my old dock works fine with the infinity.
  7. johnlgalt

The TF500 dock only recently was accepted as a device via the FCC, and it just now started showing up at places like Amazon. I bought mine before this was available, and though I paid full price at BB, I'm actually glad mine is the TF201 dock as well.
    ocnbrze likes this.