• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

New TMO plan a must have

horsecharles

Android Expert
Dec 14, 2010
NYC
Ripped from TMO NEWS: http://www.tmonews.com/2015/10/t-mo...-four-lines-with-10gb-each-for-120-per-month/

Crucial selling points:
1. Bump a line up to 20GB of LTE data each month for an additional $10 per line.

2. All four users will get unlimited calls and texts to and from Mexico and Canada — 4G LTE data in Mexico and Canada that comes out of your data bucket,

3. Rollover data!!!!!!!!

4. Unlimited data and text in more than 140 countries,

5. Unlimited music streaming with Music Freedom,

6. Wi-Fi Calling,

7. Unlimited international texting from the US,

8. Unlimited in-flight texting with Gogo,

9. And my personal addition, OFFICIALLY: when tethering limit reached, you still can tether even if at slower speed(yes, I know about your tricks home boy, wink).

Reactions: codesplice
Ripped from TMO NEWS: http://www.tmonews.com/2015/10/t-mo...-four-lines-with-10gb-each-for-120-per-month/

Crucial selling points:
1. Bump a line up to 20GB of LTE data each month for an additional $10 per line.

2. All four users will get unlimited calls and texts to and from Mexico and Canada — 4G LTE data in Mexico and Canada that comes out of your data bucket,

3. Rollover data!!!!!!!!

4. Unlimited data and text in more than 140 countries,

5. Unlimited music streaming with Music Freedom,

6. Wi-Fi Calling,

7. Unlimited international texting from the US,

8. Unlimited in-flight texting with Gogo,

9. And my personal addition, OFFICIALLY: when tethering limit reached, you still can tether even if at slower speed(yes, I know about your tricks home boy, wink).

Even IF you're on solitary unlimited plan AND on a budget, this is tempting...

Upvote 0
Also you don't need to have 4 lines, the deal is good for 2 - 10 lines.

2 lines = $100
3 or 4 lines = $120
I'm guessing lines 5-10 are an extra $20 each but the T-Mobile page doesn't specify.

Can I get 10GB for 2 lines or more?
Yes, this plan is available for Family Plans with 2 or more lines. You can add up to 10 lines with 10GB to each line of your family plan. To purchase, call (1-844-222-1941). This plan is not available for single lines, but you can choose from one of our other options, including our Unlimited 4G LTE data on your smartphone plan.

Upvote 0
You lose your corp discount (if you have one) if you switch to this plan.

Only thing stopping me from moving over. That 15% discount I have is huge on my bill. Plus I don't have 4 phones on my account. Only have 3 phones. So if I switched over my bill would go up by like almost $50. Have 1 GIG per line right now and I rarely cap it on any of the phones. Use wifi mostly.

Upvote 0
You lose your corp discount (if you have one) if you switch to this plan.

Only thing stopping me from moving over. That 15% discount I have is huge on my bill. Plus I don't have 4 phones on my account. Only have 3 phones. So if I switched over my bill would go up by like almost $50. Have 1 GIG per line right now and I rarely cap it on any of the phones. Use wifi mostly.
Hmmm, means you're paying right now about $75?

Upvote 0
I have 4 lines on VZW..... afraid to loose them all at once.

I think I will just buy one test SIM and try it for a few days and leave VZW alone until after I have given it a good test.
Where I am, there are HUGE holes in the coverage map. How are they compensating for this? Are the maps actually valid?
I can't find any local TMO users in my area... nearly every one I ask says "AT&T" or "Verizon"

Upvote 0
Hmmm, means you're paying right now about $75?

1 Gig plan for three phones is $90. Remove 15% of that and that is what I pay for my base plan. Plus cost of phones which I'm still paying at 0% interest (phone cost doesn't get discount). So my bill would go up $40, not $50.

I pay $76.50 for my base plan. If I switched, my plan would be $120 with zero discounts. That's $43.50 extra per month for data I don't need.

Reactions: horsecharles
Upvote 0
1 Gig plan for three phones is $90. Remove 15% of that and that is what I pay for my base plan. Plus cost of phones which I'm still paying at 0% interest (phone cost doesn't get discount). So my bill would go up $40, not $50.

I pay $76.50 for my base plan. If I switched, my plan would be $120 with zero discounts. That's $43.50 extra per month for data I don't need.
Makes sense, + sounds like you're getting all the Wi-Fi you need when necessary, which is my Achilles heel when on the road.

You actually have zero reasons to switch to anyone else, ever-
even when your equipment is paid off- someone'd need to offer you $15-20 a line, @ cdma, + if phone upgrade desired beat Verizon's terms.
But for those few dollars of savings one wouldn't have peace of mind that the carrier could go under.
Even a job change to a boonies of poor reception@ Verizon & Wi-Fi(if such an area exists) would likely require also holding on to the plan for just in case, whenever back in the area, etc.

Upvote 0
I have 4 lines on VZW..... afraid to loose them all at once.

I think I will just buy one test SIM and try it for a few days and leave VZW alone until after I have given it a good test.
Where I am, there are HUGE holes in the coverage map. How are they compensating for this? Are the maps actually valid?
I can't find any local TMO users in my area... nearly every one I ask says "AT&T" or "Verizon"
That has historically been TMO Achilles heel...great reception in dense urban areas, almost nil once you go into the countryside.
This MIGHT get fixed @ next year's low bandwidth auction- though I doubt TMO'd be able to patch up the entire country...
So one's ideal carrier will always depend on whether one lives + how often, where, and by what mode one travels.
Specifically & especially for T-Mobile no driving thru lots of rural stretches.

As much as I like T-Mobile,
In your case I recommend you stay put, don't even waste any mental energy considering a move.
Good luck partner.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones