• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.
I just put the 2.1 rom on my Eris, I was curious what does the automatic brightness in 2.1 do? Is it better than setting my own? And if possible is there a guide or does anyone know of the better features in 2.1 versus 1.5.

I turned off the auto brightness and have set my phone to my specifications and am a very happy camper.

Upvote 0
I just put the 2.1 rom on my Eris, I was curious what does the automatic brightness in 2.1 do? Is it better than setting my own? And if possible is there a guide or does anyone know of the better features in 2.1 versus 1.5.

Everyone has their preferences but since upgrading I've let the software do the work for me and it's pretty sweet. I noticed that the soft keys didn't light up when I had brightness set manually but since setting to Auto it's bright in daylight and reduced in low light with soft keys lit so I know where I'm going. My personal preference? Set it to Auto. It works like a dream and I don't have to worry whether I can see the screen or soft keys. It just works and is one less thing to worry about.:)

Upvote 0

By the way, there are a great many posts here about the differences between 1.5 and 2.1.

2.1 is better by leaps and bounds(personal opinion). Just do some homework.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones