1. 2015 is going to be a great year for Android! Why wait??
    Samsung Galaxy Note 5 | Samsung Galaxy S6 | HTC One M9
  2. New Forum Created: Samsung Gear VR!

New to andriod

1. Jnapoli85

Jnapoli85 Member

Hello everyone i just switched from iPhone to the galaxy s4 and I love it so far. The only issue is my ram keeps dropping to 10 percent or lower I keep shutting my apps off but the problem persist. Any suggestions

Advertisement
    :
  2. jj14x

jj14x Guides Guide

Where are you seeing the RAM usage?

More importantly, is the low RAM causing any lag or problems with your phone? If not, don't worry about it - let Android manage the RAM usage. It will free up the RAM if/when it is needed. Till then, it will keep other (frequently used) processes cached to speed up processing when needed. "Free RAM is wasted RAM" :)
  3. Rxpert83

Rxpert83 Dr. Feelgood Moderator

In android, free ram is wasted ram.

Killing apps is actually making the problem worse. I'd suggest just letting android do its thing and manage its own memory.
  4. Jnapoli85

Jnapoli85 Member

I have been getting a slight lag, also my Wi-Fi keeps's Turin itselfI on suggestions
  5. jj14x

jj14x Guides Guide

Slight lag while doing what? When you turn on the phone and switch screens? Or when you launch a CPU/memory hogging game? Does this happen right after reboot? or after 2 weeks or usage?

Wifi turning on by itself after you turn it off? Does it happen after reboot? Or without reboot?

(more details may get you some help/suggestions)
  6. Jnapoli85

Jnapoli85 Member

I figured out the Wi-Fi issue it was the smart Wi-Fi function I just turned it off. The lag is a very subtle lag. When switching between apps. All in all i love this phone used to be an iPhone guy for 5 years loving the galaxy
  7. jj14x

jj14x Guides Guide

8. Jnapoli85

Jnapoli85 Member

Thanks that helped alot. Another question for you guys, how do I migrate apps from internal to my external sd card the migrate option isn't there
  9. jj14x

jj14x Guides Guide

You can't. At least for now.
    Samsung is supposedly releasing an update that will allow this (available in Germany currently I heard - but US carriers will take their time to release it).

For now, your only option is 'foldermount' - http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2192122
    Personally, I haven't used this, but looks like this should work.