• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

New to andriod

jkriley

Lurker
Sep 22, 2014
Hi everyone I am new to android and i have a few questions.

I am a horrible speller and the spell checker on here is not that great can anyone recommend a good integrated one for texting and email?

Also on the iphone it underlines miss spelled works in red is there away to do that on an android phone as well?

s4 mini with KitKat.

may thanks

Welcome to the forum :)

Some android phones have an option to underline misspelled words. I don't know about the S4 mini, but the obvious place to look is in the Language and Keyboard settings.

The spelling correction is part of the keyboard app, so if the Samsung one doesn't do it well enough for you you could try a different keyboard (just download from the Play Store, activate it in the Language and Keyboard settings, and you can choose which one to use when inputting text using any app - look for a keyboard chooser in the notifications while typing). Swiftkey is very popular.

One thing to watch out for is that you can end up saving your mis-spellings in the custom dictionary - if you see your previous errors appearing as predictions, try pressing and holding on the prediction and you'll probably get an option to remove it from the dictionary.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones