1. Introducing Channels - a new way to chat with other Android users!
    Dismiss Notice

New to Android... 1.5; Where are the 3D Games?

Last Updated:

1. SHO_ONE

SHO_ONE Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I've decided to join Android and so far am enjoying my Hero greatly... I did however think there would be 3D games on the HERO just as I had on the Pre... I don't see anything what gives. Could someone let me know why Android lacks here :confused:

Advertisement
  2. reddragon72

reddragon72 Well-Known Member

I have 5 3d games on my N1. Three racing and two puzzles, but there are more then that.

Not sure if they are all for 1.5 or not but they work for 2.1

Also a few 3d shooters to and lets not forget all the awesome EMU's out there.

3. mrmojoz

mrmojoz Well-Known Member

Most of the fancy 3D games aren't going to run well/at all on a 1.5 phone.

4. IOWA

IOWA Mr. Logic Pants Moderator

Get a Nintendo DSi.

aniketakre likes this.
  5. SHO_ONE

You know... I love comments like this.... I, like most of you here I am sure, buy these amazing phones because of what they can do or at least what we believe this capable of doing. I am new to Android and with my Pre, we were recently introduced to 3D gaming from EA and Gamloft and other dev's as well. I enjoyed the games as the helped me pass time between this and that.

I own a few PC's, a 360, a Wii and my children have there DS's... were covered on that end and I don't believe getting a DSi solves nor answers my original post. I like Android, just shocked that nothing like this exists on 1.5 is all and I don't know what is offered on 2.0 and above. I moved over to Android from my Pre because I revered Android to be superior and to know the Pre out does Android in this category surprised me. Again thanks for the smart comment though.

6. mrmojoz

You aren't listening. The lack of games is because you bought a lower end phone running an older OS, not because "the Pre out does Android in this category".

7. SHO_ONE

You aren't reading...

I simply said it was shocking to know... I also said; I never messed with any version of Android higher than 1.5 and didn't know what 2.1 offered... Please read before you post. I like Android so far and am enjoying the OS. I also enjoyed what the Pre did as well. The Hero released after the Pre and was programmed with an OS that's been around longer than the Pre and Web OS, that was my initial reasoning for being surprised... So you can lower the defenses here, I'm not bad mouthing Android.

8. PaulWilks

PaulWilks Well-Known Member

There's a few 3D games for the Hero... I'm a bit confused by the negativity, the Hero is a great phone. Go to the market and search by Polarbit. They have a few 3D games which are pretty good. Also- and this is a little obvious- search for '3D' under games.

IOWA likes this.
  9. mrmojoz

Shocking to know what? Your conclusion was wrong.

10. reidbo

reidbo Well-Known Member

You should try rooting your phone. You can have 2.1 tonight. I have to say that rooting is pretty obsessive for me lol

11. RICHARDS108

RICHARDS108 Member

im also wondering what kind of 3d games are out there for android. i have a palm pre plus for my biz line and have downloaded some pretty sweet 3d games. found a couple for the droid just not as many. im running droidmod rom

12. gwlaw99

gwlaw99 Well-Known Member

If you root and overclock you could try raging thunder 2 and asphault.

13. joe382

joe382 Member

I found 3D Pong today, basically identical to the PC flash game. Its fun - and its 3D ;)...

14. rockito912

rockito912 Member

i have lots of 3d games on my hero like raging thunder 2 works great without lag in multiplayer also armagedon sqadron,fruit slice,nfs shift,speed forge 3d,toon warz,backbreaker and space physics are very addicting all these games run on my hero with android 1.5

15. shaolin95

shaolin95 Well-Known Member

I dont get this post with all due respect. You are shocked no games are coming out for 1.5 when we are already on 2.3.4 with some phones? Would you be shocked if a PC game does not work on Windows 95 anymore? Upgrade to the latest available for your phone if you want a better chance at games.
    Phones are now more like PC...gotta keep up to date if you want to play the latest and greatest.

16. JiMMaR

JiMMaR Well-Known Member

dude .. check the thread date

synical likes this.
  17. shaolin95

shaolin95 Well-Known Member

I just checked the guy that replied above me, didnt know he was reviving a thread lol Still is April 2010 not 1986 :)