1. 2015 is going to be a great year for Android! Why wait??
    Samsung Galaxy Note 5 | Samsung Galaxy S6 | HTC One M9
  2. New Forum Created: Samsung Gear VR!

New to Android: a few basic questionsSupport

1. jerk_store

jerk_store New Member

Long time Iphone user switching to Android. I've starting tweaking my phone which is as follows:

1.) Model Number ? Galaxy S4
    2.) Firmware Version ? 4.2.2
    3.) Baseband Version ? l337UCUAMDL
    4.) Kernel Version ? 3.4.0-453947
    5.) Build Number ? JDQ39.l337UCUAMDL

Here are some questions which I feel like should be obvious but I can't find answers to using internet searches:

1. In this revision of the OS where do I turn on auto correct for text? I read that it was under the Language and Input settings but the closest I've come is the menu that lets me toggle auto capitalization/spacing/punctuation.

2. I would like to be able to go straight to my text messages from the lock screen. I was able to accomplish this with SMS Popup or GO SMS Pro however, when it comes from a group text the popup sends me to a 1 on 1 text with that person rather than to the group text it came from. Is that a limitation of the software or just a setting that I'm missing?

3. Can anyone recommend a solid E-Mail app? The default app seems really slow to check email(I use two email accounts, gmail and work). I tried K-9 and it seemed alright but was wondering if there was anything better?

Thanks for all the help.

Advertisement
    :
    dustwun77 likes this.
  2. dustwun77

dustwun77 Endeavor to Persevere :) Guide

Welcome to the Forums, jerk_store. :)

I think you will find a lot of help for your questions here, Samsung Galaxy S4 - Android Forums

Would you like me to move your post there? Let me know.

Thanks for joining, we are glad to have you with us!
    ocnbrze likes this.
  3. jerk_store

jerk_store New Member

That would be great. Thanks.
    dustwun77 likes this.
  4. dustwun77

dustwun77 Endeavor to Persevere :) Guide

There you go, pm sent. good luck!
  5. EarlyMon

EarlyMon The PearlyMon Moderator

dustwun77 likes this.