New to android a few questions?Support

Last Updated:

1. David9799

David9799 Member This Topic's Starter

I had a iPhone 4 and i got tired of Apple, Itunes. I just got a captivate that randomly shuts down that i will be exchanging. I have found a few apps that i want to buy already do you have to buy the apps from the phone directly?

Once you buy a app can it be used on all your android phone or only one? If only one what will happen if i install a new ROM will i need to buy the again?

I'm not missing my iPhone at all i love being able to drag and drop files on my phone. Is there anyway to backup your apps once you get them installed and setup the way you want? Does titanium backup do this?

One thing i do miss is not being able to copy and paste in email unless android can do it and i missed it.

Advertisement
  2. sparker366

sparker366 Well-Known Member

Copy and paste is done through long press. Do a long press on the screen and then use the on screen menus to accomplish the tasks you want. I just tested it in the default mail app and was able to type in a subject and then select it and then copy it to the body of the message and paste it in there several times.

You buy the apps from the market app on the phone and the apps are tied to your gmail address so they will follow that and allow you to reinstall. I flash my phone a lot and I get all my apps back from the marketplace that I have purchased.

Titanium backup will allow you to backup your apps as well as your system data. I don't advise backing up system data if you plan on doing roms as you could wipe something out. Just backup the apps and do a restore that way.

The other way of backing up is through Rom Manager and Clockwork Recovery. This way actually takes a full image of your phone, which they call a Nandroid backup, and thus if you bork your phone you can flash back to stock root load clockwork on then restore the nandroid backup. Nandroid is not advisable to use to restore after a flash of a custom rom as it will wipe it out but it is good to do after flashing a custom rom and getting the phone setup then do a nandroid so you have a clean copy of the new rom and all your apps and settings.

David9799 and looksbetterinred like this.
  3. vpcocco

vpcocco Member

Do you have to enable 'long press' somewhere in Captivate settings? I'm in the default email client and I leave my finger on the screen for a bit but nothing seems to happen.