New to Android - All Files are saving to Droid X and not MicroSD card??Support

Last Updated:

1. NOVAdroid2151

NOVAdroid2151 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Hey everyone.

I have had my Droid for a week now and I noticed in the settings menu that I haven't used my MicroSD card at all to save any files or apps.

How can I fix this? I thought all of the Apps were saved to the microsd card to start with?

Any help is appreciated!!!

I have 6 GB's life on my phone and still have 14.7 GBs when I connect it to my computer.

Thanks!

Advertisement
  2. SonicBoom

SonicBoom Well-Known Member

if you are running the leaked 2.2 you would go to settings/manage applications/downloaded and in each app there is a button that says Move to SD Card, it will either be greyed out or lit, if its lit you can move and if its greyed out, you cant. if you are not running 2.2 you will not have the option

3. gautamdude

gautamdude New Member

Which means a 16GB SD card is of no use and I cannot use it

4. sund0wn

sund0wn Well-Known Member

the point of the SD card (before 2.2 anyway) was to save media and any other files you want to carry around with you. 8GB internal memory is MORE than enough room to save apps for most users. 8GB worth of apps is a whole lot of applications. i wouldnt worry too much about saving them on the SD card.

5. ebbtai

ebbtai New Member

I bought a 16GB card and then downlooaded a bunch of apps. It appears they all went to internal storage instead of the card. Internal storage is only 18.73 MB and now only 2.29 MB is available. Can I get some of these into the card? I tried managing apps and it doesn't look like it gives the option to move them. I also didn't see the option to save to the card. Is it able to use 2.2?

6. Bankswood

Bankswood Well-Known Member

What do you mean you bought a 16 G SD Card. The X comes with a 16G card. There are plently of apps on the market to help you move and or install apps to the SD Card. JRummy's DroidX Overclock app has ans extra in there that will do that for you.

7. shelland

shelland Well-Known Member

What the heck have you loaded to the phone? I have 6.1 GB available on my phone, and I feel like I've downloaded/installed a fair amount.

8. Doit2it

Doit2it Well-Known Member Contributor

When you connect you phone to the computer, you are looking at the SD card, not the internal memory. So you have 14.7 free on your SD card. You should be able to confirm this by going into Settings / SD card & phone storage settings and look at Available space under the SD card heading vs Available space under the Internal phone storage heading.

I wouldn't worry about it. The Droid X's ample 8Gb of internal space for apps should last you a LONG time. I've got 197 apps on my phone, all on the phone, none the SD card. I've got 5.47Gb free space left on the phone.

Note: Jeepers, the OP was in August. He/she probably know more than me by now.