• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

New to Android and need alil advice.

At least in the US, be mindful of the fine print on data.

I recognize that the Sensation doesn't work on some of these carriers, but did want to provide a quick overview of data plans as I was carrier shopping a few weeks back. These are all based on a 2 year contract and prices below may vary a bit based upon where you live.

1--AT&T & Verizon do NOT have unlimited data plans. They have tiers with various prices (e.g. up to 2, 4, 6Gb a month) and then a per Gb charge for overages..For what its worth this is MUCH better than the per kb or mb overage fee that they used to charge. With unlimited voice and unlimited texting, AT&T's prices for the above are $115, $135, $155 respectively....can't remember Verizon exactly, but it was comparable.

2. Sprint--Their unlimited everything is $99 a month. (Sensation will NOT work on Sprint)

3. T-mobile--Their approach is a combo of the above. They have tiers for data (2, 5, and 10gb) but instead of charging if you go over, they slow your connection down until new month starts. With unlimited voice and texting, their prices for the above are $79, $89, and $119 respectively.

I personally have a Sensation on T-mobile.

As Johncf mentoined, there are lots of pre-paid carriers and plans available. Some of these plans are actually pretty competitive (I had the misconception until recently that pre-paid was expensive and didn't have ulimited plans available).

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones