new to android and need some help

Last Updated:

1. chadf11

chadf11 New Member This Topic's Starter

ive been playing with the hero for a while and like it. (cant wait to get the evdo 4g though). i have had alot of phones and with all of them i have been able to edit a few things on the phone. im having trouble with the hero. i was wondering if the colors can be changed? i know you can change the scenes, but that only does the wallpaper and widgets. Im talking about changing the keyboard color or the sms background color and possibly the main screen buttons, that is stock gray would like for it:confused: to be black? any help or advice would be appreciated. also is there an app that has full screen caller id?

Advertisement
  2. Taterus Maximus

Taterus Maximus Well-Known Member

For the color customization I believe you have to root your phone. As far as the caller id app I don't have a clue, sorry.

3. Xyro

Xyro 4 8 15 16 23 42 Moderator

You should try the SMS app handcent. It's much better than the stock SMS app, and way more customisable. Including custom background images, custom fonts and custom SMS conversation styles.

4. dan330

dan330 Well-Known Member

Yes you can use handcent to customize the sms environment.

You customize the home screen and everything...
    You will need to.. root your phone, so that you have access to permission to make changes.

Then you can download different homes from the market.
    Or
    Flash new ROMs to get new looks and functions
    Or
    Flash new themes to put on a different skin
    Or
    To just change the keyboard or the rosie (buttons at the bottom of screen), flash on some new ones.

This is a lot of info for a newbie.. just do a search and read...

Sent from my HERO200 using Tapatalk