• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

New to Android, and new to the forum :)

Elegy

Mar 14, 2010
Hello all,

As the title implies, im new to Android and im hoping to expand my knowledge by registering on this forum and gathering information.

I am from The Netherlands, but currently I live in Xiamen, Fujian, China. I am in Xiamen for my internship for about 2 months now, and will stay another 4 months.

Recently i bought an HTC Dream in a local mobile phone shop. A Chinese friend of mine went with me to the shop and since she is a major mobile phone freak. She kinda arranged everything, all i basically had to do was bring money and tell which apps i wanted to have installed.
The phone was packed in an Italian box of TIM (Italian provider i guess), witch Italian manual etc.

Phone's info:
HTC Dream
Firmware version: 1.6
Kernel version: 2.6.29.6 android@hiapk
Build nr: dream-user 1.6 DRC83 14721 ota-rel-keys
Production-team: www.HIAPK.com ver 3.121_g1_ionS

I guess this phone does not have its original OS? www.hiapk.com links to a Chinese android-thingy website.

Anyway, i have already spent several hours reading topics on this forum and it seems there are many helpful people around.

So far my introduction :)

Elegy

Hello all,

As the title implies, im new to Android and im hoping to expand my knowledge by registering on this forum and gathering information.

I am from The Netherlands, but currently I live in Xiamen, Fujian, China. I am in Xiamen for my internship for about 2 months now, and will stay another 4 months.

Recently i bought an HTC Dream in a local mobile phone shop. A Chinese friend of mine went with me to the shop and since she is a major mobile phone freak. She kinda arranged everything, all i basically had to do was bring money and tell which apps i wanted to have installed.
The phone was packed in an Italian box of TIM (Italian provider i guess), witch Italian manual etc.

Phone's info:
HTC Dream
Firmware version: 1.6
Kernel version: 2.6.29.6 android@hiapk
Build nr: dream-user 1.6 DRC83 14721 ota-rel-keys
Production-team: www.HIAPK.com ver 3.121_g1_ionS

I guess this phone does not have its original OS? www.hiapk.com links to a Chinese android-thingy website.

Anyway, i have already spent several hours reading topics on this forum and it seems there are many helpful people around.

So far my introduction :)

Elegy
Welcome to the AF forums and enjoy your visits !! :cool:

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones