new to android and rooting need a little help please

1. jayrocc

jayrocc New Member

so I have been googling everywhere for the past few days and cant come up with clear answers so i decided to try a post. I have my phone rooted and wanted to try flashing a rom. I saw 2 roms that interested me that I wanted to try in cyanogenmod and jedi x. thing is, I want to keep my wifi calling and both roms say they remove that feature. Now i read somewhere that there is a way to protect that feature but it didnt go into detail so i was wondering if anyone here knew how to keep the wifi calling feature with one of those 2 custom roms?

also, i know that in order to flash a rom I have to data wipe, So i was wondering how do i backup my contacts first before i do this?

lastly if i choose to remove the bloatware from my stock rom and not flash a custom rom, does anyone know of a way to change the shortcuts on the lockscreen or of a way to get the music player to work on the lockscreen?

thanks in advance for any help.

Advertisement
    rattlesnake likes this.
  2. Prepaidguy9081

Prepaidguy9081 Well-Known Member

Use the cwm odin push
    Then flash jedi master
    It retains wifi calling
  3. LilBit

LilBit Well-Known Member

If you root only then nothing should change for you, as far as what you want in your post, rooting gives you access to the OS, and allows you to install apps for root users only. Kinda like a jailbreak in a way only much better.
  4. bingo300

bingo300 New Member

i tried to install a rom on my galaxy note two but then it crashed so i lost every thing on the phone the only thing that comes up is a little battery charger icon but it just froz there and stop ... and when i connect it to my computer it does not connect to the phone it just froz to the battery sign ...plz help
  5. shane1diamond

shane1diamond New Member

Can you get into download or odin mode?
  6. bigdawg23

bigdawg23 New Member

Looks like you need to return the phone buddy see that is y I dont want to root my phone cause I dont want to have problems like yours
  7. Prepaidguy9081

Download odin tar
    Open odin
    Boot phone Into download mode
    Plug in phone
    Put ops on ops box ect...

Press start

Wate

Boot Into cwm
    Mout usb storage
    Put jedi master.zip on sd card
    Wipe all data factory reset
    Install zip from external sd card
    Choose jedi master

Wate

Reboot

Rooted
    Romed

Now download apn backup and restore

Write down tmobile apn on paper

Use titanium backup to set apn bnr as system app
    Open
    Disable ics check
    Close
    Open
    Delete all apns
    Re program ur apn in system settings
    Wifi teathering now works
    Press start
  8. Prepaidguy9081

Use this in oden in recover box

http://db.tt/KOw4oGfm

Installs cwm

Then do what I said n install a jedi rom either x or master from xda forums ok.

Vol up or vol dowb plus home plus power will get u to download mode

The other bol direction will boot to cwm after u install it

After this ur all fixed up man

Any probs pm me