1. Introducing Channels - a new way to chat with other Android users!
    Dismiss Notice

new to android, appbrain question involving email address

Last Updated:

1. tracerit

tracerit Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

i have two email addresses, one is my fullname@gmail.com which i use for private "serious" stuff like bank account logins, personal email to freinds/family, facebook, etc. and then i have my "internet" email which is my screenname@gmail.com which i use for forum signups, craigslist entries and for fun pretty much.

question is, when i get my android phone, do i have to assign an email address to the phone? when i tried to sign up for appbrain it asked me to log into my gmail account but i wasn't sure which one i would use.

is it pretty much provide a gmail address then do whatever you want? i justdon't want my private email address to be compromised in the future.

Advertisement
  2. uwe

uwe Well-Known Member

When you get an Android phone you need to connect it with a Gmail account. (eg the phone contacts are synchronized with this gmail account)

The Gmail account for AppBrain can be a different one. Also by logging into AppBrain, the website only gets the email address to identify the user, it does not get your password or any other access on the account.

tracerit likes this.
  3. tracerit

tracerit Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

great thanks for the help! :)