New to Android - Bought the Aria

Last Updated:

1. blperks2

blperks2 New Member This Topic's Starter

So, I am new to the Android and was just looking for help/direction for a newbie. Any good sites or links that will show me the ropes and get me running this thing like a pro?

I use BB for work and have an iPhone4 but so far I am really liking the android and can see some nice features that is moving me further and further from the iPhone.(Like the facetime as I travel a lot)

Thanks for your help in advance!

Advertisement
  2. Durtydawg

Durtydawg Member

I am a rookie to but one useful tip I got from here was, If you dont use the ATT bloat ware create folders on your home screen to place your favorite apps and games, that way you dont have to search through the overloaded drawer for your favorites

3. ls377

ls377 Active Member

The place I started with is Android Central. The writers there are extremely knowledgeable, and the forums are always helpful if you have a question. They have reviews of phones and apps (most with video), and how-to articles/videos on some things.

These forums are always good too if you have questions.

If you want to get in to rooting or customization, the XDA forums are a good place to go. (If you're not sure, read the article under the rooting tab on Android Central)

4. trego

trego Member

just checked usps tracking and should recieve my Aria today . Will post impressions and questions once I am up and running.

5. thetomlin2

thetomlin2 Guest

I am not a big fan of Sense ... something both the Aria and my Eris come with stock. I installed LauncherPro Plus which is far more customizable. DurtyDawg mentioned the app drawer filled with bloatware, he is correct ... however LauncherPro allows you to hide any apps from the app drawer.

6. ls377

ls377 Active Member

I liked Sense (didn't like the bloatware), but CM6 finally won me over. I just haven't been able to find a good replacement for the news widget.