New to Android, but loving it

Last Updated:

1. hendawg

hendawg New Member This Topic's Starter

Hello all
    I Got my EVO 4G, about a week ago, it is my first android os phone but I am loving the app freedom and everything that goes with it.:D
    I do have questions though... Such as my battery life, I installed app killer on my phone to help achieve a longer life but does not seem to be doing its job in fact its almost time to uninstall due to the fact that it soesnt seem to keep apps from opening and running on their own. I have checked seeting etc, trying to keep apps from running but nothing seems to work.

My father in law uses the droid x and he gets subsantialy better battery life than I do is it just the phone or is it something I'm missing?:confused:

Advertisement
  2. Martimus

Martimus One bite at a time... Moderator

Welcome to the Android Forums!

In my opinion you should delete the task killer app. Though the reports on it differ, my opinion is that it uses more CPU time by continually trying to delete processes that the OS thinks should be running.

If you want to improve battery life try doing things like removing any/all unnecessary widgets from your various home screens, lowering the screen brightness, and changing the battery profile to one that better serves your needs.