1. In regards to recently combined carrier specific root forums, if your device forum was affected, please see this poll/thread!

New to Android - Emulator help!!!

1. monarcharthas89

monarcharthas89 New Member

Hi guys, I am new to Android. Just got Eclipse working and HelloAndroid program.

But some how my emulator is waaaaay too big. Is there any way I can pre-set a fix size for the emulator so that every times I use the emulator via Eclipse, it keeps the same size.

Also, I run 2.2 SDK on Mac and it is kind of slow, how can I make it more like reality? Thanks a bunch

PS: Im new to this forum as well, sorry if I post this in a wrong place. T_T

Advertisement
  2. JiMMaR

JiMMaR Well-Known Member

if you mean the emulater screen is too big , then you can change the screen size (but you have to set a new AVD , you can do this by pressing on the android icon in eclipse then choosing virtual devices and press on new button [use the default(HVGA) skin)
    or for me , when I run a big screen size emulater , I get scaling options

and it's usually better to program on an older version of the sdk (I use 1.5 or 1.6) unless you need a feature that's only available in a new version
  3. bhanutadepalli

bhanutadepalli New Member

to correct this do the following:
    from eclipse go to Run->Run configurations.
    from the left pane choose your project name and from the right pane choose the target tab.
    you will see a list of available virtual devices. choose yours and you'll find below the Additional Emulator Options section.
    enter the following command -scale 0.7, where 0.7 is the ratio between the emulator size and your screen size.