New to Android Forums, but need help. Live Wallpapers for ErisGeneral

Last Updated:

1. xzillerationer

xzillerationer Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Is there anyway to get Live Wallpapers on the Eris? It's one of my favorite 2.1 features. I'd be willing to root my phone if I had to, but, I want Live Wallpapers. I looked through the Android Market, and found some, but most were only single background ones that weren't appealing, and had no ratings.
    PS, A bit of an off topic, but, is there a good replacement for the Sense UI's lockscreen?

Advertisement
  2. scary alien

scary alien not really so scary Moderator

You are going to need to root to get live wallpapers. By the way, most posts that I've read about people that have installed LWP indicated that it was really a passing fancy that is initially cool and neat to show your friends, but pretty much just consumes your battery.

Can't speak to the Sense UI lockscreen replacement. I'm sure others will chime-in re. this. Good luck.

xzillerationer likes this.
  3. xzillerationer

I'm planning on rooting my phone to 2.2 anyways.

4. scary alien

You mean with kaos-froyo? Hopefully, they'll have a nice, new (fresh 2.2 sourced) version available soon for all of us...

I'm hoping Ivan might put some 2.2-goodies in v1.1 of his ROM that I'm using...

5. xzillerationer

Honestly, I have no idea how to root. I'll figure it out, and I have no clue about the major players in root,

6. scary alien

Lots of good info. in the all-things-root thread: All Things Root (Eris) - Android Forums (look for the stickied threads at the top).

If your phone is not a 2.1 leaked version (you would know if it was unless you had it replaced), there's a good chance that you are 2.1 OTA. If so, then you can use instructions in http://androidforums.com/all-things-root-eris/53963-guide-stock-1-5-latest-root-2-1-a.html since this method also works for 2.1 phones.

Also, check out http://androidforums.com/all-things...oot-troubleshooting-guide-htc-droid-eris.html for info. and tips to use when/if you do decide to root. Good luck.

7. mc48

mc48 Well-Known Member

yes i have read same. Have to root to get live wp and it eats up your battery. There is a new mario bros. lwp out there by someone at xda, saw it on gizmodo. The video of it looks very cool. wanted to try it out just to see and show it off but I am not rooted ;(

8. xzillerationer

Well, I rooted and installed Evil Eris 3. I must say, I'm quite satisfied. The only way it could become better is LWP for Sense UI.
    BTW, I tried that Mario LWP. It's epic and a half!

9. ericDylan

ericDylan Well-Known Member

if you root then there are a lot of options for replacing the lockscreen.

if you choose not to root then you can try
    Lockbot pro:
    [​IMG]

or lock 2.0:
    [​IMG]

(you can just scan those with barcode scanner in case you didnt know :))

10. xzillerationer

Ok, I rooted, and I'm running 2.1 Evil Eris 3. (I kinda want to go to 2.2 though), now what? What magical lock screens do I now have access to?