1. 2015 is going to be a great year for Android! Why wait??
    Samsung Galaxy Note 5 | Samsung Galaxy S6 | HTC One M9
  2. New Forum Created: Samsung Gear VR!

new to android, got some questionsSupport

1. Supergus

Supergus Member

Hi everybody! so this kindle fire is my first android device, i was wondering if there was any way to get access to the android market without rooting. i tried appbrian but when i try and install it (appbrain.com/install) i get redirected to the kindle app store. and the android market website tells me i dont have any android devices. all i really want to do right now is get the android market version of scrabble (the kindle store version of it is quite lame) thanks!!

Advertisement
    :
  2. StudioZio

StudioZio Active Member

I'd suggest you root it, install market, unroot.
  3. Supergus

Supergus Member

4. grvthang

grvthang Well-Known Member

Yes, you can find and install just about any app you want without having to root. And if you have an Android phone, it's that much simpler - you can get the app on that device and bring it over to the fire.
  5. Supergus

Supergus Member

that would be pretty sweet but this is my only android device. can you update apps that you get online or are you stuck with the version downloaded?
  6. parkerskouson

parkerskouson Well-Known Member

no, there is not any auto update feature if you download it online. but, you can install later versions of the app as they come out on the inter-webs, but all of the app data would be gone......