New to android. Have a couple questions

Last Updated:

1. Steve.Beanz

Steve.Beanz Member This Topic's Starter

I bought a mytouch slide two days ago and am amazed at what this thing does. I had blackberry for about five or six years. I have two questions/concerns about this phone.

1- The 5 mp camera on here is pretty good. The only problem i have is with the flash. It is crazy bright. Certain pictures make my face glow too the point you cannot see any of my facial features. I played with the flash a little but didn't help any. Is there a setting that i am not seeing or an app that can tone that down a little?

2- When I started the browser for the first time, everything was snappy and smooth. Now the browser, not the marketplace or any other app, runs extremely slow. Whether im on g, edge, or 3g, it doesn't matter. Pages load fast half to three quarters of the way then just stop. I have to refresh the page and wait anywhere from 3 you 10 min for it too finish. Even as i am typing this right now the swype and regular text is lagging. I have installed 3 apps, twidroyd, slacker, and last.fm. But the problem started yesterday. The downloads work fine, just the browser has problems. Not all the time but most of it. Any insight would be greatly appreciated. Thanks. Sorry for the long post.

Advertisement
  2. sitlet

sitlet Banned

nope, just dont get too close to your subject at night.

3. Steve.Beanz

Lol. Thanks. Sometimes the pictures come out great, but others are ridiculous.

4. macavely

macavely Well-Known Member

On Tue browser where do you hav It saving to, the phone or the SD card? and what browser are you using? you might want to try dolphin if your not using it already.

5. behold_this

behold_this Well-Known Member

Umm...What is tue/Tuesday browser? lol! You keep writing tue instead of to in many if your posts you know that is an abbreviation of tuesday right? ;)

6. macavely

macavely Well-Known Member

for some reason when I post from my phone when I type the, it comes out as Tue... its is really annoying ...

7. behold_this

behold_this Well-Known Member

Lol that would be annoying

8. Steve.Beanz

As for where the browser saves, I have no clue. How do I check and which is better? I am using the standard google browser. Could it be that there are too many people trying to access the network severs at the same time? I had a blackberry and although the internet sucked on that, it worked consistently. I believe that is because blackberry internet runs off its own servers. sometimes on this phone it works great, but other times it loads ninety percent and then a message pops up saying that it failed to communicate with the server. It doesn't matter what connection type I have, g, edge, or 3g. Thanks for the replies.

9. RazoE

RazoE Well-Known Member

That happens to me from time to time, you need to close the browser..not just get out but stop running it, you can get a task killer or restart the phone...luckily the slide seems to have an extremely fast start up sequence, at least compare to my G1 and sidekicks...might just be a cache issue...

10. Cramill

Cramill Well-Known Member

I don't know if this is a problem or if it would help, but I regularly close tabs or "windows" that open up.

For example, I look something up using a search bar widget - that opens a new window in the browser. I press the home key and later I click a link in an email - that opens a new browser window. So, in the browser I press the menu key then press "windows" and close all of them but one.

11. Steve.Beanz

Windows are not a problem. It might have just been the area I was in. I am back in the city now and it seems to be better. Although I am using my computer now more than my phone. I will test it over the next few days.

About Task Killers, I read an article saying that those are really bad for your phone. It was a pretty decent read and good explanation of why. I will try and find the link.

12. Android Amateur

Android Amateur Well-Known Member

For the flash problem...

Get a hold of a piece of car window tint material and apply it over the led. Nothing too dark though or it won't be bright enough. Think of it as putting sunglasses on your phones eye (led light).