New to Android/HTC

Last Updated:

1. htclivin

htclivin Member This Topic's Starter

Hello just chiming in to say hello. I got my htc evo on June 7th and so far I like it. My last phone was a blackberry curve and even though it left something to be desired I got used to it and grew to like it.

I'm learning a little more about my evo everyday and I think it's going to work out well for me. I had read about the battery issues so I bought an extra battery just in case.

Coming from a blackberry this app thing is all new for me. Right now I'm looking for an app that will extend the speed dialing/calling list. I do miss that about my blackberry, my speed dialing was alphabetized so I could assign my family by their initials and push a letter. I'm hoping to find an app like that cause I don't want to have to memorize numbers.

Well that's it.

Advertisement
  2. TheGoatLantern

TheGoatLantern Well-Known Member

Hello and welcome to the forums, in this very halls you will find any and all info regarding your new EVO ( nice little device you have there), I went ahead and move this thread into the EVO forums to help get you an answer to your question, have fun and enjoy!

3. sagedil

sagedil Well-Known Member

Another option is just make shortcuts for family on your home page or other screen.

Did that for my wife. Now I just press her picture on my home screen to call her

4. htclivin

htclivin Member This Topic's Starter

Thanks for the suggestion. Do you mean on the favorites page?

5. sagedil

sagedil Well-Known Member

On any screen, press the plus sign like you are gonna add an app but choose shortcut. Then choose direct dial, pick the person, then which number you want the shortcut to dial. All done. Maybe my favorite Android trick.