New to Android - Need ringtone help!

1. Charles63

Charles63 New Member

Good afternoon all;

I did search for an answer prior to my posting what must be a very common question, but didn't find an answer that made sense to me.

I have several apple ringtones that are very dear to me, and I'd like to use them on my new Galaxy Note 2. I've tried to follow directions listed here and on other sites but have had no success.

I've converted the .m4a files to .mp3, and have copied them to a micro SD card I've installed in the phone, in a folder named Ringtones. The ringtones show up in the listings with the other Android tones, but they will not play. Nothing.

Keeping in mind that I am VERY new to this, what am I doing wrong? I don't understand. I used a program called MediaHuman audio converter (for Mac) to convert from m4a to mp3.

Advertisement
    :
  2. Italo

Italo Well-Known Member

Did your .m4a files have DRM? DRM'd files will only play in iTunes. Are these song clips? If so, you can try searching Zedge, or get mp3's that will play and cut them using Ringdroid.
  3. Charles63

Charles63 New Member

In case anyone else has this same issue, it seems my original app for converting .mpr's to .mp3's was not functioning correctly. I found the .mp3 files I was looking for on Amazon and used a ringtone generator to make the ringtones I was looking for. I've got what I wanted.
  4. pete72

pete72 Member

I would copy any ringtones you may want from your SD card to the phone's own internal storage.
    Why:
    After a reboot, it will try to load all settings before it mounts the SD card. Any ringtones available only on the SD card will not be available until the phone has finished booting. It will have (re-)configured its ringtones before then.