New to Android, one huge question!Support

Last Updated:

1. Jellz

Jellz Well-Known Member

So I have an iPhone 3GS and am looking at my upgrade. I fell in love with the GS2 when I first saw it, months ago when it was still a twinkle in Samsung's eye directed towards AT&T's general area. My upgrade is for this month, so it's pretty perfect timing. I decided to hold off and see what Apple had to give, as it was plausible that they would come up with something as good that I could get behind. I don't dislike Apple/iOS, like I don't dislike most any phone.

But the iPhone 4S announcement was a disappointment, and I made up my mind that the GS2 is the phone I want, and hopefully I'll be getting it tomorrow.

I have one question that you can hopefully help me with first though! One thing I absolutely love about my iPhone is that it shows a battery percentage indicator in the upper-right, something I've never seen Android do. Is there an app/widget that would work with the GS2 that would show the battery percentage, if not in the upper-right then at least prominently on one of my home screens? Battery life is one of the most important, if not the most important feature any phone has to have with me, and I'm rather anal with keeping track of the battery life down to the percentage point.

Advertisement
  2. Mostly Harmless

Mostly Harmless Well-Known Member Contributor

3. SysAdmNj

SysAdmNj Well-Known Member

No problem, android got that covered. And you dont even have to root(like jailbreak) to get it to show the battery meter. Like Mostly Harmless said, to change the symbol on the status bar you might need to root to change roms, or maybe a theme can do that. But there are alot of widgets that show battery meter percentages etc.
  4. Jellz

Jellz Well-Known Member

Awesome thanks :) Really looking forward to the new phone!
  5. BigCiX

BigCiX Well-Known Member

batteryminder is a good widget that shows the percentage.....and it's free of course
  6. Jellz

Jellz Well-Known Member

Got the GS2 (the last one they had in all of central Florida it sounded like!!) today, and this widget, been playing around with it and so far I love it :D
  7. dennishh

dennishh Member

I also came to the galaxy S2 from iPhone history going back to the 3G. Now that I've had my has to for a few days I can imagine ever going back to an iPhone. Everything about this phone is spectacular. I have a battery info widget running that gives me percentage of battery left, temperature of the battery, and hours left on charge. It's free which you will notice a great many the android apps are free and the one Jeff to pay for our inexpensive. Overall I was very impressed with the battery life after reading all and negative articles. The new software seems to have fixed a lot of those problems. This thing is fast and efficient.