new to android-trouble syncing question

Last Updated:

1. petracanna

petracanna New Member This Topic's Starter

Jul 14, 2010
    Bought my HTC Desire a couple of weeks ago so I am pretty new to Androids. Had a Blackbery Bold before which very happy with but loved the bigger screen of Desire and the video and screen keyboard function although still finding it quite difficult to adjust to the screen keyboard. Hopefully will get better at it. I mainly use it for my business to make appointments, add contact details, text, phone and email. Love my videos of my two dogs and can't wait to upload them onto You Tube for my friends to see. Also want to download some You Tube music but haven't figured out how to do it yet.

I seem to have a problem synchronising with Outlook 2003 as the computer and the phone won't connect. HTC suggested a factory reset but that would involve loosing all my data, especially calendar and contacts and I haven't worked out how to save all this data to my scandisk. Any help on that would be really appreciated. I am wondering whether the fault lies with outlook (not outlook express) as it won't let me send or receive emails; nor can I send reply emails from my htd desire. Have spoken several times with Orange and they suggest it would be outlook fault. But the fact is that I have synchronized once and now it won't let me to connect to the computer so not sure whether outlook or htc problem. Can anyone shine some light onto this??:confused: I'd also quite like to get rid of the default reminder in one the the calendars which I use but the lowest default is 5 mins and not 0 mins. Sorry to ramble on but getting quite frustrated with spending hours going in circles and getting nowhere.

2. SUroot

SUroot Well-Known Member Developer

May 25, 2010
    I had a lot of issues getting htc sync and the phone to connect.

I had to plug it in, un plug it, toggle usb debugging mode on and off several times before recongonised. Even try turning the phone on whilst already connected stuff like that. Its trial and error really.