• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

New to Android w/HTC EVO

Hi! Got my EVO on launch day, coming from a launch day Pre, and am loving it :)
No issues so far, and by that I mean, no separation, no light leakage, no grounding issues. I have hardware 003 with an Epson screen, NON-rooted. May venture into rooting it sometime in the near future but have so far been fine with the phone as is, and don't want to mess with it! Plus, coming from Pre and preware/homebrew, I'd like to wait for something to come along for Android/EVO that is as easy/smooth as 'rooting' the Pre.

In the Baltimore area, which, according to Sprint, is a 4G area but I haven't had much luck so I choose to leave 4G off most of the time to conserve battery. The phone is snappy enough for me using 3G, anyway.

-Cara

Hi Cara, welcome to Android Forums!

Congrats on the EVO...that is a nice device and I'm slightly jealous as I would really love the larger screen :D

Rooting is not necessarily the easiest thing to do but most of the step-by-step tutorials on this site make it as simple as possible. The people here are really helpful so at least you have a strong group of selfless people that have your back if you run into problems ;). If you want to keep it stock...I'm sure you aren't giving up too much with having that device and Android offers more customization than most phones...you may not need root access for anything you are wanting to do.

Again, welcome! :D

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones