New to Android - What Apps SHOULD Come on the EVO

Last Updated:

1. ejchis

ejchis Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I've read all the threads about "must-have" and favorite apps, and I've spent hours browsing appbrain and reading reviews. I've got a nice list of apps loaded up and ready to install. Before I do that, though, I want to give this phone a test drive with just the basics in order to see what I really want to add on.

I'm not looking for favorite games or super impressive apps. I'm looking for those few apps that you install and wonder, "Why doesn't this come preinstalled on the phone?" Two examples that come to mind right away for the Blackberry are Berrybuzz and Poynt.

What are the applications that really should just be standard on HTC phones running the Android OS?

Advertisement
  2. zaltol

zaltol Well-Known Member

3. ejchis

ejchis Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Thanks for the quick response, zaltol. I have read that thread and found it very useful as I have done my research on the available apps out there.

The problem with that thread--and something I'm hoping to avoid here--is that it ultimately expanded into "here's a list of everything on my phone" or even "here's a list of everything I will put on my very first Android phone when I get it." I'm looking for a more focused discussion of what actually should be on the phone the day before it ships.