New to Android

Last Updated:

1. Instinct2Evo

Instinct2Evo New Member This Topic's Starter

So, introductions huh... My name is Ken, I'm 37 yrs old and I just purchased my 1st Droid phone, The HTC Evo 4g. I've been with Sprint/NEXTEL for 7yrs and was planning to trash my Samsung Instinct (NOT an "iPhone Killer") and move to AT&T a month ago for an iPhone 3gs, but quickly decided against it when I found out it was going to be a $700 expense:mad: (an iPhone for both my wife and I, a slider for my son and a flip for my daughter, plus activation fees) Then I found out about this amazing new android phone coming out for Sprint. I started researching it online and quickly pre-ordered one 2 weeks before the June 4th release date. Holy $h|+ this is the best electronic device I have ever owned!!!:D :D I am so glad AT&T and Apple talked me out of wasting my money on them. I have an iPod touch which is basically an iPhone that doesn't make phone calls and can only get internet via wifi, and I love it for what it does, but it doesn't even come close to the sheer beauty and performance delivered by the Evo. I have many friends who own Steve Jobs' little engine that could, and they all drool over my Evo and have all commented on how superior it is to their phones. I can't get enough of this phone. If there is only one flaw with this device it is it's short battery life, but there are already a couple of 3rd party vendors out there with extended life batteries. I'm still new to the Android world, but I've jumped in head first and the water is great![​IMG][​IMG]

Advertisement
  2. bigdroid

bigdroid Well-Known Member

Welcome to Android Forums!! :)