New to Android

Last Updated:

1. Crazy Canuck

Crazy Canuck Member This Topic's Starter

Banner says not to be shy, so this is me saying hello!

I've been an extremely happy iPhone owner for over two years, but OS4 has broken the love affair. I've gone through 3 iPhones in the last 2 months. The other day I docked it to charge, and it turned into a brick.

Instead of going to the Apple store and getting my 4th phone... I decided to take the leap and switch to an Android phone. I went to Rogers, and poked around. I liked the looks of the Xperia, and took it home with me. Thankfully I was eligible for an upgrade.

I turned the phone on and thought "this is neat." I wasn't a big fan of the interface, and the address book was kind of clunky, but I could see it had potential. Then I did some research on my new purchase (I know I did it backwards). Quickly installed Zeam, Aura (Eve Online App), and the Bar Code Scanner.

I upgraded the firmware to R2BA02 last night, and I've been really impressed with the phone. Then I started having issues with the "phone" part of the phone...

It seems that when people call me, the phone rolls the dice and decides whether I can hear the caller, the caller can hear me, or we can both hear each other. I don't have this issue when calling out. This was happening once or twice before the firmware update, so I don't believe that was the issue.

Then I started learning about the operating systems, and peoples' concern over whether or not this phone would be updated to 2.1 or not.

So long story short, the Xperia is going back to Rogers on Monday or Tuesday when my shiny new Nexus One arrives.

Loving Android so far, and am happy I finally stopped drinking the iPhone Kool-Aid.

Thanks

Advertisement
  2. Steven58

Steven58 Reformed PH VIP Member

Welcome! About the address book? The one good thing about android is that it is totally customizable. Get another one! :) :)

Welcome! Enjoy the N1!

3. Crazy Canuck

Crazy Canuck Member This Topic's Starter

That's the main thing I'm excited about with Android is the customization. I haven't gone too crazy yet, but I'm loving all the possibilities!

4. G.Armour

G.Armour You know you want to. VIP Member

Welcome to the Android Forums!