New to Android

Last Updated:

1. mchung53

mchung53 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Hey Everybody! I am a long time Verizon subscriber and have been using a BB Curve 8330 for the past two years. After hearing about the iPhone 4 I was sucked into the marketing ploy and switched over to ATT. Right away I started to have the dreaded death-grip issue along with a sim card failure. I bought the bumper and fixed the sim card. The last straw was when I attempted to upgrade my os to 4.0.1. The phone simply crashed during the firmware update and it wouldnt even return to factory settings. Long story short, I was approved for a replacement but it would take 3 days (who can go 3 days without their phone these days!) I was fed and and I canceled my att account right away and rushed back to verizon and now I have the DROID X!

This phone is simply amazing and does much more than the ip4. I love the customization and the marketplace is filled with the same and better apps.

My only gripe is the battery life isnt as good as the ip4. I used to be able to go 1.5-2 days on normal usage with the ip4 but with the X i can only go one full day...but i dont mind charging so this is really minor.

Well, thanks for reading and I hope to learn a lot from this forum!!! :D

Advertisement
  2. G.Armour

G.Armour You know you want to. VIP Member

Welcome!