New to Android?Tips

Last Updated:

1. bigbadwulff

bigbadwulff Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

If you are new to Android, reading some threads may cause you some concern. While I feel I keep up with the latest stuff pretty well, I was way behind the curve on Android coming from a Blackberry Storm.
    The first week or so I thought I was almost mentally-challenged for not knowing what in the heck people were talking about.....root, ROMs, etc.
    Now after a month of constant reading of posts I feel pretty comfortable and at least know what I'm reading now.
    All I can say is read, read, read. Don't get discouraged and don't get mad at members here for(seemingly) talking above your head.
    It's a learning process. It will just take time. Believe me. Be patient with yourself and others :)

And putting posts in the correct forums helps too ........ ;)

Advertisement
    jlwaldrup and xXrylandsdadXx like this.
  2. Airmaxx23

Airmaxx23 Well-Known Member

I'm in the same boat as you. I went from an ENV2 to a Droid on June 1, then got an incredible on June 15, then lucked out and got an X on July 1. It's definitely a learning experience and being able to read on the forums really helps a lot.

3. bigbadwulff

bigbadwulff Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I've read a few of your posts. Seems like you have it pretty well down now.

Still learning. Heck I don't even have my phone yet :)

4. Airmaxx23

Airmaxx23 Well-Known Member

I pick things up real quick and I'm not afraid to tinker with things which helps.

5. karma2burn

karma2burn Well-Known Member

Oddly enough everything I've tweaked on my phone has been based on your posts. Give yourself some credit dude ;)