New to Android

Last Updated:

1. lefthandsoccer

lefthandsoccer New Member This Topic's Starter

I am looking at getting my first android based phone with verizon and I am not sure which one to get. I am really between the HTC Incredible and the Samsung Galaxy. Any thoughts would be great. Thank you

Advertisement
  2. snapper.fishes

snapper.fishes Well-Known Member

I will go with the Galaxy S simply because I prefer the touchwiz interface and the design of the phone. The back of the incredible looks horrible to me.

3. redraptor

redraptor Well-Known Member

On the other hand I HATE touchwiz and LOVE HTC's sense as well as the back cover. Gives it a really unique look. Plus I can't stand bing or the fact they locked out google completely without rooting, which I dont plan on doing. Then again I have yet to even own either one. But im planning on getting the inc.

4. Mdub609

Mdub609 Member

Agreed. HTC is getting sued by apple because they have created a take on android that sets their phones apart from the rest of the androids. Galaxy S phones look over saturated and have a really cheap feel to them. Just my opinion but I'd grab the Incredible.

5. Mostly Harmless

Mostly Harmless Well-Known Member Contributor

The hardware on the Galaxy is really nice. I played around with the Vibrant (t-mobile version) and I thought the phone was very fast. The 4" screen is the perfect size and it is very responsive. What ruins the phone, and Samsung should be ashamed, is touchwiz. It tries so hard to be the iPhone (square icons???app draw goes left to right???). I wouldn't touch anything with touchwiz on it. The phone also has a cheapish feel to it.

Between your two choices I would choose the Incredible, but I would also open your choices to the Droid X and Droid 2 (I like the build quality of Motorola phones the best). Go down to the verizon and try out all the phones and see what fits you the best.

6. redraptor

redraptor Well-Known Member

If I had it my way I would take an Evo, no questions asked...course im stuck with Verizon...stupid father...

7. ricksan

ricksan New Member

I am ABSOLUTELY satisfied with my Galaxy S (Samsung Captivate). This is BY FAR the best smartphone I've ever owned. Swype is nice for my sausage fingers that coulnd't type on an iFone to save my life. The huge screen is incredible, and yet the phone weighs less than most other smartphones I've compared it to. You're probably safe either way, but those are my two pesos.