• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

New to Android

flipn0tic

Oct 5, 2010
Coming from Blackberry and it's a bit of a learning curve from the naturally intuitive BB OS. Already ran unrEVOked on my EVO and ready to customize my phone to the fullest. I've been losing a lot of sleep playing with it and haven't had a life since I got it. I was a real poweruser on my Curve and it would still have some battery at the end of my day. For the EVO, I'm on it so much that I have to charge it whenever an outlet is in a 10 foot radius, and even then my usage is draining more battery than the charge is putting back on there.

Anyway, my Barely There Case-Mate case is on the way, I cashed in on the 2x1500mah batteries + charger from eBay, and I coincidentally already have a spare microUSB charger from my kb+mouse setup, so I think I have my accessories covered... except maybe a cardock + carcharger.

Went on an app binge and still constantly looking for apps and fun games. Main thing right now is working on getting a custom kernel+ROM on it, and then giving the icons+UI a makeover (once I learn how to).

Android requires a lot more manual work than I'm used to with customizing an OS. Changing up Windows and Blackberry was no problem for me, but this will be a project.

Anyway, good to be a part of the fam and hope to learn a lot here.

P.S. I'm really only posting this hoping it gets rid of that splash image telling me not to lurk.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones