New to Android

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by flipn0tic, Oct 7, 2010.

1. flipn0tic

flipn0tic Well-Known Member

Oct 5, 2010
    Coming from Blackberry and it's a bit of a learning curve from the naturally intuitive BB OS. Already ran unrEVOked on my EVO and ready to customize my phone to the fullest. I've been losing a lot of sleep playing with it and haven't had a life since I got it. I was a real poweruser on my Curve and it would still have some battery at the end of my day. For the EVO, I'm on it so much that I have to charge it whenever an outlet is in a 10 foot radius, and even then my usage is draining more battery than the charge is putting back on there.

Anyway, my Barely There Case-Mate case is on the way, I cashed in on the 2x1500mah batteries + charger from eBay, and I coincidentally already have a spare microUSB charger from my kb+mouse setup, so I think I have my accessories covered... except maybe a cardock + carcharger.

Went on an app binge and still constantly looking for apps and fun games. Main thing right now is working on getting a custom kernel+ROM on it, and then giving the icons+UI a makeover (once I learn how to).

Android requires a lot more manual work than I'm used to with customizing an OS. Changing up Windows and Blackberry was no problem for me, but this will be a project.

Anyway, good to be a part of the fam and hope to learn a lot here.

P.S. I'm really only posting this hoping it gets rid of that splash image telling me not to lurk.

Advertisement
  2. Leftyguy

Leftyguy Well-Known Member

Jul 25, 2010
    Oregon Coast
    Hi & Welcome to the Android Forums - Lurking is ok - Cheers....;)

3. Martimus

Martimus One bite at a time...

Jul 9, 2010
    Male
    Engineer
    'neath a cactus
    Welcome to the Android Forums!

4. Steven58

Steven58 Reformed PH
    VIP Member

Feb 19, 2010
    Male
    Welcome to the Android Forums community! Glad you signed up! I hope you feel free to join the conversations! :D

5. yojoe600

yojoe600 Well-Known Member

Apr 14, 2010
    College Student
    NC
    Welcome to Android Forums!!!