• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

New to Android

rmstrong

Lurker
Nov 18, 2009
Ive owned an iPhone since the 3g came out. Its been the best, absolute best piece of equipment I've ever purchased. It does have its drawbacks as does everything but what it does, it does impeccably. Most importantly the store and its sync with itunes more than makes up for any feature it lacks.

Why am I here? Well, I am a bit of a geek at heart. As well as the Apple phone works its pretty boring. Apple pretty much keeps the average user out of anything besides the icons you see on your phone. Its good if you ar 5 years old. However, since I used to be a computer tech (10 years ago, yikes!!) I still like to dig deeper into my devices. Going with the restricted theme, Apple also sounded the death knell for me when the blocked Google voice. Being from Jamaica I still call there pretty frequently and its very convenient for that.
I think I will feel let down when the Droid I ordered online comes. My first let down was seeing it for 70 dollars cheaper than I purchased it for. I got used to Apple's way of doing things. In some ways it makes sense. While the Droid is already "devalued" by keeping the iPhone at the same price the buyer does not feel cheated for buying the phone first only to see others wait and get a better deal. Also, the intrigue of the device lasts if the price remains the same.
Anyway, enough of my autobiography, I look forward to the Droid phone. I like Google and the way the do things. Again nothing is perfect so I'll try to keep my expectations in check. I will post when I finally recieve the phone.

Ive owned an iPhone since the 3g came out. Its been the best, absolute best piece of equipment I've ever purchased. It does have its drawbacks as does everything but what it does, it does impeccably. Most importantly the store and its sync with itunes more than makes up for any feature it lacks.

Why am I here? Well, I am a bit of a geek at heart. As well as the Apple phone works its pretty boring. Apple pretty much keeps the average user out of anything besides the icons you see on your phone. Its good if you ar 5 years old. However, since I used to be a computer tech (10 years ago, yikes!!) I still like to dig deeper into my devices. Going with the restricted theme, Apple also sounded the death knell for me when the blocked Google voice. Being from Jamaica I still call there pretty frequently and its very convenient for that.
I think I will feel let down when the Droid I ordered online comes. My first let down was seeing it for 70 dollars cheaper than I purchased it for. I got used to Apple's way of doing things. In some ways it makes sense. While the Droid is already "devalued" by keeping the iPhone at the same price the buyer does not feel cheated for buying the phone first only to see others wait and get a better deal. Also, the intrigue of the device lasts if the price remains the same.
Anyway, enough of my autobiography, I look forward to the Droid phone. I like Google and the way the do things. Again nothing is perfect so I'll try to keep my expectations in check. I will post when I finally recieve the phone.

Welcome to the AF forums and enjoy you visits !! :cool:

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones