1. Hot New Devices! HTC One M9 | Samsung Galaxy S6 | LG G4

New to AndroidSupport

1. Monstruo

Monstruo Member

Well, i just recently noticed my contract is about to come to its upgrade period and i did some research on what phones to buy. (Sprint carrier if you're wondering.)

I decided that I'm going to buy an Android phone, specifically the new LG Optimus S, my questions are:

I've read that the phone has a 600mhz processor, is it a good processor?
    Can i run games on it?
    Does it run Youtube HQ?
    Would you recommend it?

By the way, i have a Samsung Instinct 1st Gen, so I'm not too familiar with good smart phones. My phone pretty much sucks, so I'm worried every other phone will be alike.

If i get any answered please don't be surprised if i ask one last question, I'm pretty new at all this technology.

Advertisement
  2. Depends on what you want to do with it. Its not the best, and not the worst.

Yes.

Yes.
    Monstruo likes this.
  3. Monstruo

Monstruo Member

You people are fast at answering!

I'm also boggled about the accelerometer, does it even have one? I can't find it in any review.

Last question:
    Should i wait for Black Friday, i saw that Best Buy is going to have the phone for $1, does this apply to people upgrading the phone?

My entire family is getting this phone, so it would save us $147. :D
  4. AndroidSPCS

AndroidSPCS Well-Known Member

It's an excellent phone. Not a bad idea to wait for the sale. Maybe go to Radio Shack and find out if it's free right now. Last when I bought mine, the sales guy showed me the sales tag showing it free until 11/27.
    Monstruo likes this.
  5. Monstruo

Monstruo Member

Sounds great, I'll check Radio Shack later this week. :)
  6. jen8112

jen8112 Well-Known Member

I got mine at Radio Shack for free. Yes it has accelerometer. It only has a 600mhz processor but it is fast and I heard it out performs the Transforms 800mhz. It's my 3rd Android and by far my favorite. You won't be disappointed! :)
    Monstruo likes this.