New to android....General

Last Updated:

1. rickap7

rickap7 Active Member This Topic's Starter

I just upgraded from BB to Incredible and I guess it is just taking some time to adjust to it.

The one this not a fan of the sleep mode and having to push the power button to wake up..is there any way to change from pwr to joystick,or touching the screen or even the volume buttons?

Also anyone have a good app to help with syncing I am using a Mac.
    Its a pain to have to update google contacts and calendar every time I update my iCal and contact in Entourage.

Just wondering LMK

Thank you ahead of time for any help.

Advertisement
  2. Vaseline Smith

Vaseline Smith Well-Known Member

Currently the incredible has no such feature implemented, With saying that there is an app called widget locker in the market that has a feature built in (that can be inconsistent at times) that will wake up your phone from the "joystick".

PC here sorry :/

3. TexasDroid

TexasDroid Active Member

Try using No Lock. It allows you to "wake up" the phone using the volume up/down or power button. It also gets rid of the swipe to unlock screen. I don't have a problem with pocket dialing.

To sync with my computer I use "Android Manager WiFi".
    Not sure if there is a Mac version like this out there.

amarryat likes this.
  4. sharper4

sharper4 Well-Known Member

I had a BB Curve and Storm just prior to getting my Incredible. I can't believe how dated the BB technology feels next to the Droid.

Get used to the new phone for a while. You're going to love it. Then root it and you'll love it all over again.

5. rickap7

rickap7 Active Member This Topic's Starter

Root?

Is there no way to sync with a mac?

6. sail4fun201

sail4fun201 Well-Known Member

If you can set up iCal to automatically sync with Google Calendar, your phone will automatically pull from there. I don't have a Mac, so unfortunately I can't help you with that.

For syncing media, check out DoubleTwist for your computer. Sync Android, Motorola, Samsung, HTC: doubleTwist with Amazon MP3 (the mac download link is just below the large download image). This will allow you to put (most of) your iTunes library onto your phone. Both the internal storage and the SD card should show up as seperate drives; you'll have to look at their sizes to differentiate them.

I'm not sure how to sync as far as Exchange contacts but Google Calendar is actually a great way to keep your calendar on your phone.

7. amarryat

amarryat Well-Known Member

Agreed - I hardly use Outlook any more. Google calendar is sooooo easy, and as soon as you edit your calendar on your computer, it's immediately updated on the phone and vice versa.

8. amarryat

amarryat Well-Known Member

Same here, came from the 8830 and then the Storm. Haven't looked back.